Last night we attended Sadie's Preschool graduation. It was quite the event. The auditorium was actually full of parents, grandparents, etc. There were 20 children in Sadie's class (15 boys, 5 girls, BLESS THOSE TEACHERS!)
I still remember when Sadie was born. She was my smallest child and I babied her (perhaps too much?) I pierced her ears at 2 weeks old and made her wear precious little bracelets nearly every day to match her outfits. She was my little baby doll. When she was about 2-3 years old, I recall how all 3 of the older children would ask why she is so spoiled nearly every day when I would give in to her or ask them to do the same.
Fast-forward 3 years....She is yelling at me that she doesn't want me to do her hair or that she wants to wear that stained and disgusting shirt to school! She refuses to clean her room, and she and I are having quite the personality clashing. (This may well be a personal defect on my part manifested as an inability to "get along" with 5 year old daughters, as I went through the exact same emotions with Maelynn at this exact same age!)
However, last night Sadie let me give her a suggestion of what to wear, she even wore the tights, and she allowed me to crimp her hair and put a ribbon in it. She was so happy and she recited her nursery rhyme flawlessly. Way to go Sadie - I am really proud of you! Wait a minute - I am the one who has endured all those fits and driven you to and from preschool three times a week at personal and financial sacrifice. So, I take that all back. Congratulations to ME on preschool graduation! Here's to a long summer with no preschool! =)
6 comments:
Congratulations Viki! I'm looking forward to the summer too! I want to have nothing scheduled but fun.
I cheated and took Jarom out of school for the last month. I needed the 90 bucks and he was going to spend all his time at The Land with Ken anyway. Plus this way I don't have to crowd into the tiny room they hold graduation ceremony in. I've gone for Sam, twice for Sarah and once for Jarom and while its cute to see them in the little cap and gowns, its not worth the waiting, squeezing, and listening to the complaints of new moms who haven't yet had the opportunity to experience this awe inspiring moment. I admit it would be a great thing if they would rent or borrow a place big enough to hold more than 25 people. But, thankfully, I am done with pre-school forever! Kindergarten here we come!
Doesn't Sadie start this Fall as well?
Woo-hoo Mom! You are my hero. Viki just face it you are an over-achiever. You always have been, you always will be. Your kids are lucky to have you as a mom.
Congratulations on your graduation, now get to work on those invitations. :)
Congratulations Sadie! (and you!) She looks adorable. I'm glad she took your outfit advice.
How fun Sadie (and you too!) Her hair looks so cute! I think Sadie is such a doll, we love when Sadie and Lane come to play!
Sadie is so cute! Although, I don't know about all that talking back business. Whenever I am around her, which is less than we would like, she seems so angelic!
Post a Comment