Tuesday, July 17, 2012

In the mean time....

I am working on a very fabulous post all about the amazing summer we are having filled with Reunions of all sorts...but,
in
the
meantime....

I thought I would play a little catch-up here and narrate a few pics that have been patiently waiting on my phone to be downloaded and shared with the world......
Emerson's first big haircut (Buzz)...BEFORE pic....

AFTER pic!

Overnight getaway with girlfriends to SLC to see the coolest concert ever...

TheCeltic Women Concert at the Delta Center ...it was totally awesome. No joke.

Day after the concert I decided I had had enough of my LONG(ish) hair and had my adorable niece, Eliza, chop it off....

And add some blond to cover up the grey. This pic was like at midnight in my bathroom by myself after a long day and a night with little sleep - thus the eye bags..Sorry - cest la vie!

Kids just hanging out on the ground at someone's house while I was at the door delivering something for Primary.

At the animal show here in Idaho Falls that my friend Susan and I went to together. It was pretty cool - we got to see a live kangaroo on stag and the joey STILL in the pouch...I had never seen anything quite like it. Thanks for being my date, Susan!

Sadie just loves to get her photo taken.....good thing the camera loves her sweet smiling face too!

Hanging' out in Tom's back yard ...because it is THE COOLEST yard ever, and we totally miss it!

Just making a few cakes while finishing up the cake classes...pretty fun.

This was for a baby shower for a dear friend who had her 12th child...and she is YOUNGER than me! (I think...well, for sure she looks about ten years younger than me. She is amazing!)

Fun little cookies I also did for the baby shower. I LOVE decorating baby cookies, they are so adorable!

Miles and Emerson after a little stroll in the stroller!

Greg's dad was up for the weekend and helped us to put up the MONKEY BRIDGE in our side-yard. It was cool to see Greg and his dad working together and just look how much fun the bridge was for the whole neighborhood.....

All the neighbor kids waiting to take a turn walking across the Monkey Bridge!

Sorry for the head-cranking and eye-straining that you are about to do.....but that cute little dude in the green t-shirt is Lane and this was his Kindergarten graduation!!! Hello, First Grade! And "Sorry" in advance Mrs. Crocker!


Oops - looks like this was accidentally shot on the video mode instead of a still shot...but it is representative of the kids end-of-year Piano recital. It was hard to get a good shot as we were in the Presbyterian church and I had the babies and no Greg to help....oh well. Maelynn is lovely and she did a lovely job, as did all of the others!

Lane totally fell asleep on my bed while reading a book...this was not posed at all....and I couldn't believe he could even sleep with that book on his face!

Here are the chickens and the little white rabbit that are our newest residents and keep us feeling like we are little farmers! (I know, we are really just posers, but they are fun) We will for sure post when they lay any eggs. The kids keep hoping the bunny will lay easter eggs, because it only eats the chicken feed and won't touch the bunny pellets!

First trip of the summer to the local ZOO...the kids love going, even though we feel like we have been there a million times and we know every corner of it, it is fun every time!

We always have to get the picture on the famous Tiger statue....this one captured the kid's personalities so well.... I used it for my FB cover photo and may also do the same for this blog!

This was one of our Pinterest experiments...a bar of IVORY soap in the microwave...turned into a soap cloud. It was fascinating to watch...then the kids played with it in the bathtub and crumbled it to pieces!

Me holding one of the gum past flowers I learned to do in my cake class...

This was a wedding cake that was done for a dear friend..but it isn't all the way done here.....just in the process....it was fun!

Miles is beyond the scheduled nap days, so it is always a guess as to where, if anywhere, he will finally conk out!

The babies LOVE LOVE LOVE to play the piano together. (My ears = not so much!)

Maelynn and her friend, Holly, selling the baked goods we made for a fundraiser for a friend who is trying to adopt two sweet girls from Africa.

Maelynn....staring into the sunlight. I made her ....poor thing!

Holly blinked...but you can see the rummy stuff we sold: cupcakes, gumballs, chocolate and caramel dipped pretzels, chocolate chip cookies, lemon spongue cake bars,  marshmallow popcorn balls, etc.

This is me going down a zipline at a fun girls camp area in Idaho....

This is Maelynn going down the zipline as well...she came with me to support me as I was the guest speaker for a  YW camp from a ward in Utah....my friend Tammy asked me to do it...and she is the greatest, so I couldn't say no!!

Miles and Emerson will OFTEN be found sitting on the riding mower in our garage...so it was no surprise this day when we were over at Uncle Tom's and I found them sitting together on his!

Kids doing a backyard bonfire to roast marshmallows...

just swingin' on Grandma and Grandpa Groberg's deck in between reunions!

This picture cracks me up - because when you tell Emerson to "say cheese" ....THIS is the face he does.                 EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.   Hahahaha.

Emerson found a new use for ice cream...as a LOTION!! He was totally rubbing it into his skin. Maybe that's how those chunky thighs stay so darn soft??!!!

Poor little Mr. Lane...he had a tooth growing right up behind his front teeth and they didn't have the courtesy to get out of the way, or even loose. So, he had to have both of them pulled at the dentist. LUCKILY, our tooth fairy brought him 2 books, one for each tooth, so he was just fine with it! What books did he request for the tooth fairy to bring? One about dinosaurs, and one about how to tie a fly for fly-fishing!! Seriously, dude, are you not SIX??????

More summertime afternoons in our old backyard...crazy babies!

And here is the infamous picture of the ...wait for it...TWENTY-FOUR ounce can of diet Mt. Dew. I LOVED it so much.
Honestly, the reason for the picture that I used as my FB profile pic is because I am going off of POP. Don't give me any snarky remarks about it. I am only doing it because I told my kids I would. I am doing it for ONE YEAR, starting on my birthday next week. I have gone off of it before.  Many times. But this is my very last week to enjoy my poisons...so please, let me do just that. I also don't want to hear any "Oh, you are going to feel so much better" crap, because let me tell you, in exactly ONE YEAR from this birthday, guess what I will be drinking at my birthday dinner? You guessed it, DIET COKE!!!!!
p.s. I have not ever felt more healthy in my life than I have these past few months - and I have had caffeine/pop several times a week....so, if you are still feeling the need to leave a comment to me about the terrible cancer causing/diabetes inducing properties of soda...please, take a deep breath, and blow out slowly, and keep that judgement of me right there in your head!!!

Thank you.


I'll be back after the final reunion with my REUNION-filled post of all posts.

p.s. Guess what? My friend (whom I have never met, and have absolutely NO IDEA who he is) published me on his famous blog...check it out here!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope I get some credit for shaming you into writing a blog post! Thanks again for writing the FHE lesson - about a thousand people have looked at it, and it is making the rounds on Pinterest now.

Susan said...

I loved that post! Holy talented lady you are!!!!! And kind and good and beautiful! And I loved all the pictures!

Tiffany said...

Hahahahahahahaha...oh Viki I love you and your giant Mountain Dew :) You've just about convinced me to document June. As long as there is no pressure to start thinking about July, I am good ;) And I LOVE the FHE outline!