Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Just a little VACAY!

It seems like we are on the track for a "once in every FIVE years vacation" timing. We went to Disneyland in 2007 as a family, and left sweet baby MILES with my ever-charitable and compassionate cousin, Carol.  So, we have been saving up funds ever since, and finally decided to take our next big family vacation, this time to San Diego. Once again, the ever-charitable and compassionate cousin, Carol, volunteered (or more like let me coerce her) into watching not only ONE, but TWO babies for us. We left Miles and Emerson (both still in diapers, mind you) with her for 4 and a half days! It allowed for just the 7 of us (Greg and me and the oldest 5 kids) to have a great time in sunny San Diego. We loved the rental house, the beach, the San Diego Zoo, Sea World, the Mormon Batallion, shopping at a Hispanic supermarket where we were the only gringos in the whole place, playing endless games in the car, eating at McDonalds WAYTOOMANY times, sitting up late at nights in the hot tub together eating ice cream, and just making memories. It was totally worth the over 2400 miles and $1000 in gas! (I keep telling myself that part). Here are a few pics from our trip...which went like this:

Drive to Saint George (thanks for letting us use your place, Nancy)
Drive to Vegas (church with Madsens, leave babies in the Nursery and took off)
Drive to San Diego - (Sea World, San Diego Zoo, Mormon Battalion, Camp Pendelton, Beach, etc.)
Drive to Vegas (mug on my sweet boys who didn't miss me for a minute, ate Ko-Mex (Korean Mexican food), hot-tubbing with Carol and Dan, tons of thought-provoking conversation!
Drive to Price (sleep over at Gr. and Gr. Baileys)
Drive to Idaho Falls, unload the van into the front room, and everyone crashed to sleep!

****JUST KIDDING!!! I tried to upload photos from our trip on here and it is telling me that I have exceeded my limit. What the?? Who knew? I feel like I don't blog that often and I have 'reached my limit'? Really? Weird. Oh well - you'll have to just look at the ones I uploaded to Facebook from the trip! ;)****

It was a lot of miles, a lot of calories, a lot of pictures taken, a lot of car time together, and a lot of SMILES. I am so glad we went and I can't wait for the next family vacation that will hopefully come sooner than 5 years from now - because at that point, we will likely have 2 kids on missions! AAAAAHHHH!


No comments: