
So - Easter came and went this year, and despite all of the good thoughts and intentions inside my little head - I not only MADE NO DRESSES FOR MY GIRLS, but I also managed to MAKE NO SUGAR COOKIES WITH ALL OF MY EASTER COOKIE CUTTERS, and to top it all off, I also COMPLETELY FAILED TO TAKE EVEN ONE SINGLE PICTURE OF ANY OF MY KIDS! One tradition that was upheld = we dyed Easter Eggs!
So - there goes all my well intended thoughts. On a happier note - both of my children gave wonderful talks in sacrament. Everyone commented to all of us afterward on how great the meeting was. I started to feel bad though, because just the week before someone made a comment in Sunday School about how it was so prideful to prepare talks to hear people tell you "that was a rgeat talk". I really didn't mean to. I swear. Greg's talk was great - he is such a good guy. We both shared stories from our mission and we didn't realize that we were going to.
Less than 2 weeks until General Conference! YEAH! =)
4 comments:
I have issues with not preparing a talk for the compliment. I've decided that's a STUPID THING to think. Of course we want our talks to be good and well prepared--that doesn't mean that we are doing it for the praise. Let's take that guilt away, it's needless.
I have issues with not preparing a talk for the compliment. I've decided that's a STUPID THING to think. Of course we want our talks to be good and well prepared--that doesn't mean that we are doing it for the praise. Let's take that guilt away, it's needless.
Sorry that went in twice, the first time it said it didn't accept anonomous comments so I wrote the nonsense word in again and up popped two comments. So now there will be three which doesn't make me look any better. By the way, what is the handicapped icon to the side of the word verification? And, I'm so looking forward to general conference!
Easter was sneaky this year...Easter eve found me dashing around Wal-Mart in the wee hours of the morning getting basket goodies. Besides all of the obligatory sugar, each child received new socks and underwear. Shockingly, the socks and underwear were met with rather underwheliming enthusiasm! I bet your talks were great and way to go Landon and MaLynn(Sp?)I remember giving my first talk as a teenager and I was scared to death!
Post a Comment