Sunday, April 13, 2008

TAG - I'm hit!

So - Here goes - I have been officially "tagged" by Tammy. I guess that I just answer the questions and then "tag" someone else at the end.

10 years ago I was . . . 22 years old and living in Council Bluffs, Iowa. Greg and I had been married for a year and a half. We had one little girl, Maelynn. And I believe that it was just about exactly 10 years ago to the date that I found out that I was pregnant with Landen. I cried from about 9 am until 5 pm when Greg returned home from school (long story - probably due to a mixture of not sleeping much while nursing a 5 month old baby all the time, fear of telling my father-in-law about it, knowing I was going to have 2 babies in just over 13 months, etc.)

Five Things On My List To Do Today . . . 1. Make it through another week at the new ward (Greg is working, Lane still hates nursery) 2. Read a bunch of pages in the Book of Mormon (I am severely behind in the "Hinckley Challenge" and I feel like I need to make it this time as I never made Pres. Hinckley's original challenge - I know - don't be too shocked - I still have a testimony!) 3. Plan out the menu's for next week's meals. 4. Call my visiting teaching partner and arrange visits (possibly get some done?) 5. Organize all of my Scrapbooking stuff and pictures in order to get ready for next weekend's scrapping night at the Cabin!

Snacks I enjoy . . . Some of my favorite things to munch on are: Celery, carrots, whole wheat crackers and hummus, bell peppers with light cream cheese....OK - who am I kidding? I wish that was all I snacked on. I actually love the dark chocolate Moose Munch popcorn, and some really good chips and salsa (like from Los Hermanos).

What would I do if I were suddenly a billionaire? I would most likely have to reevaluate my ethics quickly and decide if I should divulge that fact to Greg. I am sure that after paying tithing and about 80% into savings (kids college, retirement, etc.)- I would have our new house built (with a finished basement, thank you); I would then go on a trip to Italy for about a month and take it all in; I would then take my family to Brazil and Argentina and then I would arrange for us to live either in Africa or South America somewhere and help orphans or do medical volunteering for a while. Oh - I may also buy some new jeans for myself (if they were on sale!)

3 of my bad habits . . . 1. I stay up way too late (don't even check the time stamp on this post) When they said "early to bed" I just figured they meant early in the morning. 2. I eat far too many calories for my current activity level (easy to tell by looking at me, not easy to change thanks to stress eating). 3. I never tell people how much I appreciate them, even when I feel it, especially Greg - who I DO appreciate a lot (And any of you reading this - same to you!)

Five places I have lived . . . 1. Honolulu, Hawaii 2. Bountiful, Utah 3. Buenos Aires, Argentina 4. Council Bluffs, Iowa 5. Gillette, Wyoming

Five jobs I have had . . . 1. My first job was working at a Dry Cleaners. I think that I was about 15years old. My sister Jennie and I both worked there - but it didn't last too long. The boys I worked with did nothing but cuss all day - and I couldn't stand it - so I quit. 2. CNA (I started when I was about 16 after taking a course at the LDS hospital in SLC, UT.) 3. LPN (I worked part-time ever since Maelynn was born) 4. RN (4 kids later, I finally got my RN degree. It made my life that much more complete - I always wanted to have 2 titles (RN and R.M. - did both, yeah me!) 5. Mommy (Love it - love it - almost all the time!)

Five Things People Don’t Know About Me . . . 1. Apparently when I was a little child in Hawaii - I used to enjoy playing with cockroaches. I don't remember it - but all of my older siblings swear that they would put me in a closet and then find me there later playing with cockroaches. Which only begs the question - Which is worse? - playing with cockroaches or being put into a closet??? 2. Also as a young child - I had a "love-hate" relationship with my little sister (OK, it was mostly a mutual "hate" between the 2 of us) Anyhow - one day on the way to school while my dad was driving us, I opened the car door next to her as we turned a corner and she fell out into the gutter. As a "happy ending" to this tale, there was no real physical harm done that day, and we are now great friends and there is nothing but LOVE there! =) 3. I have really bad allergies to animals with fur, hair, etc. Mostly to horses, cats, dogs, etc. It sucks so bad and often interferes with simple associations with others. I can still recall the severe asthma attacks that were triggered as a result of being around animals. I would try so hard to get air into and out of my lungs and I recall crying and crying and my mom would try to comfort me in her lap and I would sometimes pray to just have it all over with (Not really suicidal - just wanted to not breath at all if it was that miserable - hard to describe). 4. I used to be a Victim's Advocate for the Police Department in Gillette, WY. It was a volunteer position and I learned a lot and also as a result of those experiences I had my first official "summons" to testify in court. Luckily, the creep decided to plead guilty the morning of the trial and I was off the hook! 5. I used to hate reading. I would only read for assignments and never for pleasure. My dad used to tell me that I would regret not reading some day. I am now at the point in my life where I really do wish that I would have read more. I am trying to catch up on thousands of great books that are out there. I love the classics(thanks in large part to a friend in Wyoming), and I even started up a Classics Book Club here in Idaho, but I truly only began reading in 2002 (at the age of 27). I am proud to say that I have since read over 130 books!

So - I guess that I will tag Carol, Jennie, Terri, Megan, Jen Golding, and Alison and Jill. And if you don’t want to do it, that's OK too! Tag - You're It!



6 comments:

Kako said...

What the freak?
I remember a severe allergy attack you had after being around horses and your eyes were swollen shut, it really scared me. Anyway, fun post. We'll see if I do anything with it.

tam said...

I love reading your posts! You have such an entertaining writing style.

There are a couple websites you can look at for your backgrounds if you are interested. There is a Leelou.blogspot.com and a matiekay.blogspot.com They have a lot of different designs and I just followed the instructions that they give you to change your blog. Check it out and let me know if you have any questions

Tammy

Cecily said...

That was so fun to read! You are hilarious. I had no idea you lived in Hawaii. I am off to snack on vegetables and hummus as well (er, I mean chocolate.) :-)

Pure Golding said...

Ken laughed so hard! He says you two have more in common than he knew. He, too, is severly allergic to animals. Spent many hours in hospitals near death when he was young- until they figured out what it was. And he also said he would hide the money from me too! He knew he liked you!

Megan said...

You're so funny! I loved reading those things about you. You'll have to look through my old blog posts because I've already done two of these tag things before! Have fun at your cabin this weekend. I'm so jealous that I don't get to go. (Eat some extra veggies and hummus for me while you're there!)

Lindsey said...

I would do a lot more things if I was a billionare. For one thing, a mansion with an elevator and a movie theature would suit me just fine. And a couple of beach homes, not to mention three or four mountain homes and a private jet to get to all of them.

I never would have guessed that you never liked reading. But I guess there's something unexpected about everybody.