Sunday, May 11, 2008

Things that make me HAPPY!


Greg was on the phone tonight with his mother, wishing her a Happy Mother's Day. She must have asked him how the day was for me, then he turned to ask me, "How was your day?" and I (who was in the middle of a conversation with someone else) must have replied half-hearted as he then responded to her with, "It's pretty hard to keep Viki happy." Well, not knowing whether to be offended or to be grateful that he finally understood his predicament, I have decided to blog about those things that do in fact MAKE ME HAPPY!


1. Chocolate (especially dark or mint)
2. Opening the dryer with an armful of wet clothes and finding it empty
3. Sleeping in and not waking up with a headache, neck ache, or any aches
4. Being able to fit into my jeans after a long week of being bloated
5. Reading a really good book with a warm blanket on a rainy day
6. Being able to fit every last dish from the sink into ONE dishwasher load
7. Receiving mail or email or any communication from my friends and family
8. Being pregnant (strange fact: I really do feel better when I am)
9. Using up fresh produce before it goes bad in the fridge
10. My kids telling me that they love me in a totally spontaneous way
11. Reminiscing on the "good times" of my life (mission, college, etc.)
12. Making birthday cakes for my kids who I know will appreciate them
13. Seeing all of the benefits in my kids of the school I helped to found
14. When Greg is in a good mood at "getting the kids to bed" time at night
15. Really good salsa and chips while playing games with people
16. Being able to cross off all of the items on my "to do" list at days' end
17. Peaceful, sleeping children (see photos below)
18. Listening to a really good song and dancing crazily to it (with no one around)
19. Making a recipe that turns out really yummy
20. Getting people who read my blog to actually post a reply (hint hint)!
21. When people remember my birthday (I am terrible at this for others, so I'm
being very hypocritical/selfish on this one.)
22. Having a day where I actually like my hair
23. Being able to serve someone and know that it made a difference
24. Working my job at the hospital
25. When My husband says to me, "You were right."
26. Really creamy, ultra fattening, feel your arteries clogging, ICE CREAM!
27. Hearing my kids talk about something spiritual and they really "get it"
28. When Greg comes home and notices that I cleaned up
29. Having great discussions with intellectual/philosophical people
30. Watching a great movie
31. Reading blogs and laughing out loud (thanks Chris Clark)
32. Buying a new CD that has at least half of the songs being really GOOD
33. Finishing the Book of Mormon or any scriptures and feeling pure gratitude
34. When my kids forgive me for dumb things I do and say
35. Having Family Reunions and staying up late playing games and talking
36. Reruns of my favorite TV shows on-line with minimal commercial interruptions
37. When Lane waits until 2 minutes after Greg gets home to poop in his diaper!
38. Going on a long bike ride and being able to walk when I get off the seat
39. Forwarded emails that don't tell me to pass it on or I'll have bad luck
40. Finishing a scrapbook page and loving how the layout looks
41. Seeing a bear or moose or other wildlife at Yellowstone or anywhere
42. Seeing wildlife through the scope of the rifle and getting it with one shot!
43. Playing a trivia game and knowing the answers
44. When the mopped floor stays "clean" for greater than 24 hours
45. Going to advanced certification classes for nursing and learning cool new
medical.nursing things
46. Girl's Camp
47. Finishing a 5K in under 40 minutes
48. Tight squeeze hugs from all my kids at night
49. Climbing into flannel sheets on a cool night
50. See number 20!





)

Oh, and did I mention, "chocolate"?


Have a HAPPY DAY!

12 comments:

GrGrGr said...

Oh yes, and how about:
Enjoying a VERY DELICIOUS Mothers' Day Dinner cooked and cleaned up by that wonderful chef Greg and your helpful brother and dad! It surely made me happy today to experience that with you and your precious family and Aunt Mary. And special bonus: the stains from the super creamy chocolate ice cream rinsed right out of the tablecloth!

Kako said...

Love it! It seems to me like it's really easy for you to find happiness. Greg (bless his heart) is a lucky man to have such a happy wife! Especially since I call and comment a lot--and that makes you happy, right?!

Megan said...

These are all the reasons why I love you! (well, except for number 42!) It would take me hours to find that many things that make me happy, but you are always able to find such joy in the little things of life. Thanks for reminding me that I need to enjoy the simple moments!

Hope you had a great mother's day. You are one of the mother's I know in my life that I really look up to.

Jennie Blaser said...

Reading your list made me happy. I could echo most of those!

Get ready to stay up late playing games at Aspen Grove!

Cecily said...

What a fun post! The pics of your kids sleeping are precious.

tam said...

I am very impressed with your list. I love how the simple things make you happy. It makes me happy to be in your presence! You are always happy and enjoying life!

Terri Porter said...

Great list, but I'm with Megan, I think I will start with 10 and see if I can add from there.
THanks for the blog entry idea :)

Pure Golding said...

And thanks to you for commenting on my blog as well. Not many do. Love your list. Ditto on most. Although having an intellectual conversation around here is almost non-existent. The talk round these parts always centers around kids, the land, "who made this mess?" and "No, you cannot take my car!"
Adorable pix too. Love the bald heads!

susan said...

Just checking Susan's Password isssues.

susan said...

I love Chocolate.

Paula said...

I especially appreciated item number 37! Hooray for Lane!

Lindsey said...

I agree with every one of these.
:-) Too bad we're not happy ALL the time.