Wednesday, August 6, 2008

One week left of summer...


So, officially we have got only one week left of "Summer" until the kids start back into school. I am amazed at how excited my kids are to start school again. We already went and bought all of the school supplies and have the backpacks loaded and ready to go.

Sadie is decidedly the most enthusiastic about the prospects of school and riding the bus, as it is to be her first experience with it. I recall taking Maelynn to her first day of Kindergarten, and thinking to myself, "How come mothers cry about this? This is so exciting!" (My emotions may have been reflective of the fact that I still had 3 other children at home with me.)

Now that Sadie is nearing her time to start, I feel almost sad. Maybe not to the point of tears (I have yet to fulfill that mandatory mothering moment), but just sad to think that I will have 4 children at school(for half the day) and only 1 at home with me. I am positive nevertheless about the experiences that they are having, and seeing their excitement about school makes me proud of the educational opportunity that I had something to do with providing for them. =)

5 comments:

Kako said...

Rachel is super excited too. Actually all my kids are, but Lindsey is putting up the front that she is not. What's up with becoming a teenager? Has Maelynn done anything like that? The hair dresser asked Lindsey if she was happy school was starting and Lindsey said: didn't I already tell you, No, I am not. Middle school is awful. Yet she sure seemed excited to get her schedule and compare with her friends. What a crazy thing.

Terri Porter said...

I'm glad that in your heart you can remember that you had a significant part in providing the awesome education your children are getting. You are almost as responsible in the building of this school as the Administer.
I'm right there with you Vik, in the crying over the kids being in school. Like I stated earlier in my blog, I was the Mom inviting my friends over after they were on the bus, so we could celebrate the freedom.

Bryan Crew said...

Summer went by way too fast for us. I'm especially excited for Blakers because this is a great chance for him to have his own thing. He's going to love it. My challenge is keeping Ethan quiet enough- we get reports of him being "too social" all the time.

Rosalee said...

School doesn't start here until after Labor Day - so we are still very much in denial of the approaching end of summer. However, I must admit I get more excited and worried everyday as the beginning day looms closer.

Jessica said...

It actually was a STY in my EYE. haha no mouse. Yeah i knew they charged to put pictures in. Yeah I think i am still entering them in. but i have been really busy fixing pictures and getting ready for school and traveling. UGG. I need a longer summer. well i didnt sleep last night so i am going to bed for a long sleep. Oh Sadie is getting so old. She will love kindergarten. There is a bus that comes to your house and picks them up now?