SADIE ANN...The big KINDERGARTNER!!
SETH MERRILL... Starting 2nd Grade....
LANDEN GREG...4th Grade Bound...
MAELYNN JOY.. The (not so) big 5th Grader...
The kids are now starting their second week back at school. So far, so good. They are enjoying being back into school and we are enjoying having somewhat of a routine.
As this was Sadie's first day to ride a bus and to go to school, I was hopeful that the kids would help to watch out for her and make her comfortable with the transition. I took the kid's picture in a hurry as we were running behind to rush to the bus stop. I snapped the photo and yelled at them to get in the car. Only after I downloaded the photo to the computer did I see just how much they are going to look out for each other and how much they love each other.
I almost cried when I saw all 4 of them holding hands, all on their own with no prompting whatsoever. It was like it was just natural to them. What sweet children I am blessed with.
10 comments:
Viki, that picture is precious, and they are beautiful. Yes you are blessed, and so are they.
What a great example your are to me. You can always find the brilliance in the little things in life. You are truly blessed. As am I for having you as a friend.
Viki,
We are in our third week of school and I have yet to take the "1st day of school picture". Thanks for the reminder. That photo will be a classic!
Marilyn
You do have great kids.
I love that last picture. Ahh I start school Friday, not looking forward to it. Wait they ride a bus now? outside your house?
How fun. I was told today that Kimmer (who I delegated to make sure Rachel gets to class) delegated that responsibility to someone else so she could meet up with her friends sooner. So, this looking after each other is apparently not so natural in our family. We need to hang out more often so your kids can rub off.
That will definately be a picture you need to frame - and then remind them to look at it when they're fighting! They all look so cute. I love how big Sadie's backpack looks on her little kindergarten self!
You do have really sweet children! I can't believe how big they are getting. How is life at home with Lane? I'll bet you guys are having a great time!
Oh, that is so sweet! What great kids. They are growing up so quickly.
What a great picture. Show me your layout when you scrap it! :) It was fun to see long sleeves on your kids! It is 95 degrees when my kids leave for school on their bikes - and about 110 when they are riding home. I try to always have ice water and a popsicle waiting for them. (not so healthy after school snack...)
Post a Comment