Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Obama is in...Sadie is Six!

As sad as today feels with the election results in, there are a few things to be happy about. Like NO MORE CAMPAIGN ADDS, and also, I am fairly certain that Prop 8 passed. (Last I checked it was 52% YES and 48% NO)

Although most of us were consumed with the TV and news reports about the election happenings, we also were busy celebrating a milestone for Sadie. It's really hard to believe that our baby girl is already 6 years old.

Life is just trudging along so swiftly that sometimes it's easy to forget how precious each day is with our kids. Sadie makes that especially easy to forget, as she is in a very challenging "I-am-barely-6-yet-I-want-to-act-like-a-rebellious-teenager" stage. Nonetheless, she is a very bright and happy girl and she had a fun birthday. She requested a Strawberry Shortcake party - and that is what we tried to improvise for her.




Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes and gifts she enjoyed.

Some of the things I love about Sadie: *She LOVES to help me out in the kitchen. Whenever she gets the chance, she is right next to me on her stool with an apron on. *She is the best friend to Lane that I could ever ask for. They rarely fight and she loves to share with him. It is so great to watch them interact. *She is funny. She often will make up things that really make me laugh. *She is the best artist ever. She spends lots of time (and paper) working on her drawings and on crafts and 99% of the time they are to give away to others. *She never minds going on errands with me during the day, even if she is watching a movie or playing a game. *She is a beautiful, independent, strong, and helpful child and I am grateful to have her in my life.


This is the beginning of all of the children's birthdays in our family - I will try to remember to post about each one as they happen. We have all of them in a row (November, November, December, December, January, February!)

5 comments:

Pure Golding said...

I am also saddened by the results of our voting. But as I read in a conference talk this morning... "The best is yet to come." I am optimistic that we still have a voice and will fight, preach and lead as long as we live! Happy Birthday Sadie! Hope it was super! Happy Birthday Maelynn too- next week!

Julie Ann said...

You guys have birthdays like us! We have 1 in April and 3 in May! It makes for a lot of cake!

Kako said...

Happy Birthday Sadie! I loved the pictures. You and Rachel are a like in loving to draw pictures and using lots of paper. You should get together more often!

Justin and Jill said...

We love Sadie! She is such a little sweetheart. Her birthday cake is so adorable. If you made that, then I think you should go into business.

I was a little depressed after the election results myself. Actually, I went to the store the next day and stocked up on canned goods...

Paula said...

Okay, you Baileys! I'll remind you that you are related to President Obama, even though your politics differ. President Monson has challenged us to "enjoy the journey"...I guess it's time to truly live as we believe. I love the picture of Sadie blowing out her candles. "I love you Sadie, Lady!"