
It is so hard to believe that you are already 3 years old. I love that you are my best little buddy that gets to stay at home with me everyday. It is so strange and new and wonderful to me to have one child to spend so much time with. I think that you have turned out to be a much better child than previously anticipated. (Yes - you were a VERY. DIFFICULT. BABY.)
So many things that you say make me laugh. A lot of them I have posted on this blog - but there are many more that I forget to write down. I love how you like to get into screaming wars with me over who can yell "I love you" the loudest. I love that you still want to cuddle with me. I love that you are so smart and can find everything in the "I Spy" books faster than I can. I love your infectious laugh when I tickle your neck. I love that you tell me that you don't like my kisses when I have morning breath. I love that you tell me that your favorite thing to do is to be with me!
I hope you enjoyed the "train cake" that you wanted.

I am not a professional cake maker by any stretch of the imagination, but I do love to try to make anything my kids ask for on their cakes. (It may be my way of compensating for the lack of other presents, but I like to think that it is my way of showing you just how much I love you - by staying up till 2 am decorating something that will be destroyed in a few minutes flat!)
Here's to the next 15 years I'll have with you here at home - keep smiling dude! I love you Lane.
7 comments:
Happy Birthday Lane! We are excited to see you all in a week! Love the cake.
Such a cute little guy! I love the train cake, so cute! (I know what you mean by compensating for lack of other presents, my kids seem to remember the cakes, but maybe to remind me of how 'odd' they were)
I can't believe the cake! I know you are a night owl, but just look what you accomplish in the wee hours. I love you Lane...you are one handsome guy!
Your kids have such great smiles!
I thought the cake turned out great! It tasted good too! We sure love Lane, he brings a smile to my face everytime I see him! Happy Birthday LANE!!
Oh how cute is that cake! YOu sorely underestimate your cake decorating abilities my friend! HAppy Happy Birthday to Lane!!
This kid cracks me up! I love his little voice and his love for all things books. We've enjoyed spending time with you guys this holiday season.
I've said it every other birthday posting and I'll say it again... You need to go into business with your birthday cakes. Awesome.
Post a Comment