Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Glenn Beck Mania!

I am an unabashed and utterly pathetic self-proclaimed Glenn-Beckanite. I was so excited about his new book coming out that I went and bought it the first day that it came out. I also got a bracelet to go to the signing when he came to town. My bracelet was number 21. When I arrived to Barnes and Noble tonight with my brother, there was already a huge line. It was winding in and out of all of the isles in the store and out into the mall and around the mall a ways. Thank goodness they honored the bracelets and let us up in the front of the line. It was a very fun atmosphere to be in. Of course, I love people-watching and being in big groups. All day long I had been rehearsing what few words I was going to say to the man whom I admire. When the moment finally came - I was speechless. I couldn't really say anything. What's even worse - I didn't even shake the guys hand! Tom and I decided to give him one of our dad's signed books - so I just gave that to him and he was very grateful and said to tell our father hello and thanks. He signed our copies of his book and we were literally pushed on out of the way. It all happened so fast! I have yet to hear the final number - but I bet that there were well over 1,000 people there. He was on this really busy Book tour - but he still seemed to be genuinely interested in greeting people and he had very friendly eyes. I was glad for the opportunity. Here is a picture that Tom took of me in the hurried moment I had. The color turned out poorly - so here it is in B/W - to document the scene!



Greg - you might think that I have a crush on this man. And the only thing that I can say to that is: "No more so than you had on the Lavania actress in New Zealand." Also - you might have more in common with him than you think. For example: You both have a great smile, you both have awesome hair, you both have the same initials, you are both Mormons, you both have a shady past and you have both secretly desired me upon first site!!!!!! (HeHeHe)
Honestly - nothing to fear Greg - Glenn's got nothin' on you!

I know that some people really don't like listening to him (i.e. my hubby) - but for me it is quality entertainment together with a healthy dose of political information and just enough adult conversation to keep my afternoons somewhat sane! Thanks Glenn.

While waiting for some other people to go through the line, my friend Christina was entrusted with her friend Tommy's camera. When he was out of the line of sight - Christina decided to take some random funny pictures with his camera, starting with one of me and Tom. This is such a natural instinct and something that I would have automatically done as well, (just like the irresistible urge I have to make a photocopy of my face whenever I am alone with a copier) so I thought nothing of it. The tragic ending of this story is that when she went up to the front to get a shot of Tommy with Glenn beck - it wouldn't work. Wanna know why? DRUMROLLLLLLLL.... he only had enough space left on his memory for one more photo - as in, the ONE that she had just taken of me and my brother goofin' off! Sorry Tommy.

Then we all went out to Perkins for some pie afterwards, and mostly just to sit and reminisce about that once when we all met Glenn beck!

13 comments:

cskelton said...

Well, I, for one, am very jealous! Too Cool. I love him too.

Christina said...

Hahaha! Your picture turned out great!! We had such a geat time. I love your Greg/Glenn discriptions....escpecially the love at first sight...you tell Greg I saw him eyeing you...just like the guy at the tire store :) I had a great time at Perkins thanks for the invite. I also had a dream that I was standing in line for the book signing but Glenn was santa and I couldn't remember what I wanted for Christmas so the "Team Beck" elves pushed me along, very similar to the Christmas Story.....

Kako said...

Why was Glenn in IF? That's a little obscure isn't it? Regardless, I'm jealous, in fact of all your late night escapades that Greg is annoyed about. What a life!

Tasha said...

they have those book signings down to a "science" get em in get out.
I am so jealous!
Katee and i are a bit confused about Greg's hair though :o)
miss ya!

Bryan Crew said...

Did you know that there is a movie based on something that he wrote or maybe it's even about him. i can't remember. I just saw the preview at the theater last weekend. I think it's only in theaters on the 17th and 18th of Dec.

Tara said...

You crack me up! Love that you documented the moment with a photo. That's great! But, I'm now curious about Greg's shady past, since I always knew him as a "goody two shoes".

susan said...

I have still been thinking about that night! I can't get over it. I am interested that you noticed his eyes because I did too! Glenn and I had a connection as we sat there with our hands all stacked on each other! Loved the picture. You can only see the back of my head but he is looking right at me!!!! Luv ya! Thanks for the memories!

Julie Ann said...

I have to admit that I know who Glen Beck is, but I've never listened to him, just a couple of short u-tube vids, so you have peaked my interest and I am going to listen this week! I'll let you know what I think.

Brown, Inc. said...

You are such an awesome mom! I just read the blogs I have missed and I love how you love your family! You rock, Vik!

Carene said...

You are just too funny. Sounds like it was a great time. So what was "Greg's shady past." You're gonna have to dish.

Cecily said...

Oh my gosh, I love Glenn Beck! That is way cool you got to meet him. And the picture turned out great - you look really cute in it.

Marilyn said...

I'm glad you got to meet Mr. B. Thanks for the reminder of how important it is to make sure those who are closest to us know how big of a fan we are of them. I think I need to ask a few of my family members for their autograph. Can I start with yours?

Siope L Kinikini said...

Hahaha! Ok, so you have a this thing for Glen Beck? Liana has this thing for Elder Uchtdorf. I asked her about it and she said that she thinks he looks like Capt. Von Trapp from the 'Sound of Music' and that his accent is so beautiful.

That's alright, I think Sister Dalton has great hair.