Friday, January 16, 2009

Fun Times in AZ

Note: This post was written a while back - so it is a bit outdated. I shall try to post again this weekend.

The kids were unexpectedly granted an extra week of Christmas break. Their new school building was behind schedule due to some pipe breaks or something... so instead of starting school on the 5th of January, they didn't return until the 12th. Now - after 3 weeks of cold weather - what would YOU do with that last bonus week?

Just what I thought. Go someplace warm! Luckily for me, I have 4 siblings and a cousin who live in a warm area of the planet...ARIZONA. So, I packed up the kiddos and took my younger sister and my older brother along with me and we headed out on a road trip. We left at 2 pm from Spanish Fork, UT. (where we picked up Sadie who had spent all week with Grandma Bailey..thanks so much!) We arrived at my sister's house in Tempe at 2 am.

It was a super fun time to be with all of my siblings. We got to be at Matt's birthday party and go to a delicious luncheon with all of the siblings - 7 of the 11 were there - and a few of the nephews.



We loved the 60-70 plus degrees and the long walks in the morning with Marilyn and hikes with the kids.

We got to spend time watching Jennie's kids while she and Dave had their debut on the jumbotron at a big bowl game. We loved hangin' out at Bev's and just playing games and relaxing. I also got to see my Mission Companion from Brazil - what a treat.



For the last few days we drove to Tucson and got to see Carolyn and her family. We enjoyed a fun birthday and cool cactus scenery on our motorized tour up Sabino Canyon.



Also - we got to help paint some of the new addition to their house. (The house add-on is fantastic BTW Carol.)

The drive home was a bit longer - due to a few stops along the way. We left Tucson at about 5:45 am and arrived in Idaho Falls at 1:15 am. (Nearly 20 hours - wow!)

Thanks everyone in Arizona for putting us up and putting up with us interrupting your regular schedules with kids in school, etc. We had a blast.

8 comments:

Jennie Blaser said...

come back anytime! It was fun. I want the recipe for that cheese bread and the right place to buy that stuff. It was so good!

Emily said...

Thanks again for letting me tag along! It was nice to skip out on work for a few days and thaw. I just love our big crazy family:)

Brown, Inc. said...

Your kids are adorable. Glad you got some sun in the wintertime!

Wanlass Family said...

I love reading your blog. I can't believe how big your kids are getting. Chandler just turned 2 1/2, the crazy thing is he started potty training himself about the same week Kailey did when she was his age. What I mean is... the same week they turn 2 1/2 they start using the potty by themselves. Crazy! All I can think is it is something in their genes:) Take care!

Cecily said...

Ooh, I am awfully jealous that you were able to escape winter for a while. My parents are in St. George for the winter, and I think me and the kids might go on our own little road trip.

Thanks for your phone call last week! It was great to talk to you, and you always lift my spirits.

Have a great week!

Lori said...

How fun! I love road trips. You are so good to just go. I think about doing things and then never get past the planning stage. Greg doesn't mind being left behind in the quiet, peaceful house?

Kako said...

We had a great time, my kids are planning the next get together, although I'm hoping for a retreat in Europe or Mexico without the kids.

Megan said...

SOOOOO JEALOUS!