Thursday, May 28, 2009

Smelling the freedom...


It's getting close. I can smell it. Wafting around the corner - awakening my senses... it's the sweet smell of Summer Freedom.
No waking up at an insane hour... no more yelling about where the socks or the brush are...no more throwing together all those brown bag lunches every morning after prayer...
My mind is full of beautiful road trips...piles and piles of new books to be discovered...snow cones as a staple in our diet...kids playing in the backyard in the sunshine...and laundry helpers to boot!
I know - I know... this may end up smelling like burnt toast in a few weeks (It's not like I don't have a house to build, Girl's Camp, a trip to Michigan, and a baby to deliver)- but just let me revel in the aroma for now...Aaaaaaahhhh, take it in!

6 comments:

Rosalee said...

Michigan?
We are also counting down the days until summer break. I can't wait. I'm still planning on coming in August. Hope you'll be there.

Paula said...

As old as I am, I still remember the feeling of a coming summer and NO SCHOOL. Of course, I also still have nightmares about finals at BYU. I know your summer is busy, but I hope it is a great one!

Jennie Blaser said...

sounds like a fun summer -- it's been here officially for 9 days now. We've already had a swim meet and swam in our pool about 22 times and gone through 4 boxes of Popsicles!

Michelle said...

Yeah! I can smell it too.

Marilyn said...

Loved your description! I can so relate. Sometimes I think I get more excited for school to get out than my kids do. Hope your summer continues to bring pleasant aromas.

Kako said...

When is girls camp? Wouldn't that have been a pain to not have smores (in regards to your diabetes screen). I would have asked to be released. I hope you are getting a sense at how relieved I am for you that you passed the screen.