Saturday, February 6, 2010

Seth Merrill Bailey

There are many more than NINE reasons why I love this guy - but here are the top 9 off of the top of my head...

1. He is a great TEASER. Yup, even though it can sometimes get annoying towards his siblings - there is a fun-loving part of that boy that takes a bit after me - the always wanting to be doing pranks and teasing others. It may need some 'reigning-in' as he matures - but it is FUN to watch that boy with a sly and sneaky grin creeping upon his face!!

2. He is a super duper READER. He loves to read and keeps up with his older brother in reading. Come to think of it - he is an all around great student. He even scored in a high-school level on one of his math assessments this year. Impressive.

3. He is proud of some QUERKY things...and that endears me even more to him. He always brags about his scar and how he was my biggest baby (nearly 10 pounds) and how he caused me the most pain "gettin' born"!  (Wait...did I just say 'endears'??)  He also is the only person in our family who can wiggle his ears and roll his belly. You should ask him to do it for you when you see him next. Seriously - he'll perform!

4. He is a natural ATHLETE...he excells at whatever sport he tries, and he has tried quite a few. I have some great shots of him standing on base in t-ball with his arms poised and ready to run. And one time when he was in a wrestling match - he was being hurt quite badly by his opponent...to the point of tears streaming down his little face...and he just kept on wrestling and he actually WON that round and shook the opponents hand and THEN wiped his own tears away. He amazed me that night.

5. He SHARES a room with Lane... that in itself should be deserving of sainthood...but he goes a step further and makes his little brother feel loved and included and often times will help him put away his toys that he never even touched himself.

6. He has a great TESTIMONY. He will often times remind me of stories or examples from the scriptures. He knows right from wrong and is quick to recognize when he has made a mistake. I have never doubted his faith and I think he has a very mature spirit and I look forward to all that I will learn from him in the future.

7. He is a GOOD FRIEND to others. He has never had any problem making friends. He plays with anyone - even neighbors/cousins who are older or younger than him. He is probably the child who gets the most phone calls for "play dates" out of all of my kids. He is fun to play games with and he is great at games and puzzles and has the dedication to sit forever to figure them out.

8. He is a PUNCTUAL person - and hates being late to school or church or anywhere for that matter. He is always the first one home from school. School is out at 3 pm and nearly every single day at exactly 3:02 pm he rushes through the door. I asked him why he doesn't just stay and talk with his friends like most of the other kids and he says, "I just like to come home".
(Not sure if it is the warmth he feels from his mother or the thermostat that draws him in... but either way it is sweet music to the ears).

9. He is very TENDER-HEARTED. He wears his emotions on his sleeve, as they say. And I am not quite sure where he gets it from, because I am the last one to get teary or emotional. Greg isn't that tender-hearted, per se, either... so it must be a part of his inner nature that came prepackaged with his soul. I am grateful for that part of him...and every part of him in our family! What a treat to have Seth with us every day for the last 9 years!

2 comments:

Paula said...

Even though I nearly have to tackle him in order to get a hug or kiss, I agree with you on every point! Seth is one wonderful young man.

GrGrGr said...

We agree with everything you have said about SETH and wonder if he has inherited many of these wonderful traits from his namesake great grandfather MERRILL. We love you SETH MERRILL