I often will tell myself that I will set a goal and truly stick to it...and knowing that goals are often kept if they are publicly announced, I even wrote on here that I would post on my blog at least 2 times a month......however, I obviously have already broken that goal. UGH. Double UGH.
I guess somewhere deep inside of me, I just know that I am bound to mess up and not complete all my goals, and that is why I posted the title of "I HAVEN'T disappointed myself...because I am staying 'true to form'. This carries over to nearly all aspects of my life as well... whether in day-to-day accomplishments or other weightier matters, I tend to not get too upset if I fail to accomplish something. Maybe this is a blessing in disguise, but most of the time I think it is something that holds me back... like maybe if I had a bit more of a type A personality I would care more, or be more of a perfectionist, or something; and thereby would get more accomplished????
In an effort to save you all (yes, all 5 of you) from complete mind-numbing-boredness, I will leave that rant alone and tell you a few quick stories about my funny little 4 year old!
Last week Lane tripped and fell down that last 4 or 5 stairs about 2 times in as many days. Then a few days later, I was sitting in the front room with Miles and heard him coming down the stairs. Sure enough, I heard a tumble and Lane fell down again. I started to see if he was ok when he quickly jumped up and brushed himself off and he promptly walked over to me and stated very matter-of-factly, "Appawently my body likes to fall down this week!"
It was so cute to hear it from his little 4 year old mouth! I couldn't stop smiling! LOVE that kid!
Lane is always telling me how much he loves me. It is always "I love you more than the whole world", but recently he has changed and expanded his amorous descriptions to "I love you more than the whole universe!" Then he will say "Mom, do you know what the Universe is?" " I think so", I responded, "What do YOU think it is?" He quickly says, "It is EVERYTHING". I asked him, "How do you know that?" To which he responds confidently, "Because Seth said so."
LOVE that kid!
A few days ago his little friend, Ashlyn had a birthday and when her mom was here the next day, I said to her mother, "Oh, I have a little present for Ashlyn from Lane. Let me run grab it." The Lane yells out, "Wait, Mom. I have the BEST present for her." Startled I say, "Oh, what is it?" He whispers in my ear, "It's ME going over to her house!" We all busted up.
Did I mention I LOVE that kid??!!
If only I could capture and emanate the kind of confidence and love that he has, my life would be just that much FULLER each day. I am so grateful for the daily interactions that I am blessed to have with my children. It totally makes up for all of the other 'unfinished' and 'self-dissapointing' goals I continue to make!!!
5 comments:
Oh reading his stories makes me smile! We sure had a great time staying with you guys! THANK YOU SO SO MUCH!!! You have such great kids! You are a great example for me to follow! I am always learning how to be a better parent.
Lane is such a funny kid. I was cracking up at a lot of things he was saying at Paula's house. He is such a smart kid.
You are raising such awesome children, who cares about the little things that don't get accomplished in day!
"Apawently" you're a great Mom!!
Well you haven't disappointed me either. This post brought several nods and smiles and even some outright chuckles to me. I know I wouldn't be the person I am without all I have learned from the wit and wisdom of my children. Sometimes our bodies (or emotions) do fall but if we simply acknowledge that about ourselves (or someone else) and then jump back up and keep on going with a smile (like Lane has so sweetly taught us) we will make more progress than if we just stay at the bottom of the stairs focusing on our bumps and bruises. Give that kid (and all of your other amazing children) a big hug from me and tell him thanks for the reminder and the smiles. Then have them give you a hug from me too. Thanks for sharing. Sure do love you Viki!
Lane IS his own gift to the world! And Ashlyn and I are glad to have him in ours! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment