I still can't put into words why I love FALL so much. I try to every year, but never end up doing justice to the rapture that is in my heart regarding the season...I think about how there are poetic descriptions and symbolisms for the Christmas season/Winter, for Easter/Spring, etc....but Fall really is just the leaves dying, weather getting chillier, etc. Can't quite come up with the beautiful words or explanations for my feelings...so instead of trying to be poetic or profound.... I decided to simply explain a few things that have happened around our home this Autumn...well, in the last 3 or so weeks....
Halloween 2010... Here are a few obligatory Halloween pics that I remembered to shoot last minute on Halloween night.
 |
| Landen as a "BYU Quarter Back" |
 |
| Sadie as a Feather Diva |
 |
| Seth as, who else...? Harry Potter! |
 |
| Lane as a Sea Otter |
 |
| The kids divvied up the candy into categories on a blanket with squares! |
 |
| Maelynn as Pippi Longstocking |
 |
| Lane playing in leaves for roto-tilling into our new garden plot. |
 |
| Miles playing on our new grass coming in. |
 |
| Greg had someone come and roto-till all of the leaves in for our next year's Garden. |
 |
| Sadie's "Hello Kitty" Birthday cake. |
 |
| Beautiful Sadie in her Birthday dress/tights. |
 |
| That's her...my first ever TEENAGER!! Aaaaah. |
 |
Maelynn's rectangular experiment of a polka-dotted birthday cake!
(It didn't turn out as well as I pictured in my head, but she played nice and acted
like it was just fine. Bless her 13 year old heart!) |
 |
| Maelynn and a bunch of her friends! |
The girls had a great time with their friends this year on their birthdays...it was a bit of a stressful week for me because I had the parties on two consecutive days, plus planning for Sadie's baptism and making her dress for it and a million other things going on...but, it all worked out well and they seemed to be genuinely happy...as am I to have those sweet girls in my life.
Sadie's baptism was on Saturday...she looked pretty and said she felt happy and good about it. Greg performed the baptism and confirmation and both grandparents came for the event. Unfortunately we didn't have any gatherings or anything afterward due to the fact that I was extremely ill that day. I spent the rest of the day in bed/bathroom while puking up my guts! Ugh. Thank goodness it was only a 24 hour bug, and I was good to go to Church the next morning and fulfill my duties as the new Primary President. It has been kind of overwhelming to me, since I have never been the President of anything in Church before, but I have good counselors and I have faith that it will all work out ok.
Here are a few baptism pics of sweet Sadie Ann...
 |
| Standing by Christus at Visitor's Center by I.F. Temple |
 |
| The only "natural" smile we could elicit out of that girl! |
 |
| Holding Jesus' hand. |
 |
| Looking up to her Savior....as we all should! |
 |
| Sitting by fireplace for that "indoor" look on a bitter cold day! |
 |
| A b&w of her cute pose! |
LOVE. THAT. SWEET. FRECKLED. GIRL!!!!
5 comments:
Sadie, congrats on your baptism! The birthday cakes are awesome.
Fall has always been my favorite time of year too, because of the colors, smells, sounds, and general feel and memories it brings. It's like two seasons blended together, but made even more vibrant.
Great cake, and beautiful dress, Viki! Nice timing being called Prim Pres when you're 'bout 9 months prego! Haha, (sorry:( I'm not laughing)
Congrats on the new calling! Just when I don't think you could be any busier, you get that calling! Good luck to you! How is the pregnancy going? Are you feeling well? It is getting closer! Congratulations to Sadie as well! She is such a sweetie!!
What a privilege it was to be there for Sadie's baptism. We thoroughly enjoyed every moment we were with you. What a treat the Friday night dinner and program was! We made it back in time for Rachel's recital in Kaysville(which was really good)then on to Lew's wedding in Payson.
All of your photos are wonderful -- we especially like the ones at the Visitors' Center.
Mom and Dad
Thanks for the great pictures. Sadie looks beautiful and the picture of her with the Savior tugs at my heartstrings. Maelynn, too, is awesome. She is truly a beautiful young woman, inside and out! But what can you expect...they have such a geat mom as an example!
Post a Comment