It truly doesn't feel like that long ago that I was writing up a post about our new baby, Miles...and here I am again...like dejavu...only it really was just 16 months ago...so it WASN'T that long indeed!
Well... here's the narrative of the delivery day (for heritage sake)...
Got up at about 5 am and took a shower and got ready to go into the hospital for induction. (I had been dilated to a 3 plus for over a week and a half and had been having TONS of painful contractions that would just stop suddenly. SUPER. FRUSTRATING. So, I left about 6:20 am and drove myself to the hospital. Greg stayed with kids and got them off to school and babysitters before coming to join me at the hospital. They started me on pitocin at 8 am, and broke my water (which there was none left of). Things got painful quickly...so I got the epidural (i.e. heaven in a shot) at 10:30. By noon I asked to be checked again and I was 'complete' and ready to go. Only problem? Doctor was at his office...so, I waited for 15 minutes till he arrived...then it was time to push...2 pushes and he was here...SCREAMING his lungs out! He peed all over and screamed a bunch and it makes me cry every time, no matter what... I can't control my emotions...it is just such a happy and even sacred experience to participate in.
He weighed in at 8 pounds and 9 ounces and was soon wrapped up and in my arms and took right to breastfeeding. It was great to have my supportive husband by my side through it all...and especially great that the whole thing only lasted 4 hours (and he only had to sit through 3 hours of it, to his relief)!
It was a great delivery experience (the smoothest and quickest by far of all of them) and I spent the next 2 days resting and bonding with sweet little Emerson in the hospital. It was a bit weird for me to be a patient of my peers, but I just love EIRMC's women's center so much and felt right at home being there.

It's hard to believe it, but as I am finishing up this post, my little Emerson is already 2 weeks old. HOLY COW! It is too overused to speak of 'time flying', but what other expression is there? Seriously? Over the last 2 weeks, I was able to have my wonderful parents come and help out a lot, and then two of my sisters came (The oldest and the youngest) and we had a fun time and they totally helped me out with a lot of projects...but the best part is just having family here to visit with. Even though I LOVE Idaho Falls as a place to raise my kids, I really miss having family nearby.
Now it's back on with life, busy...busy...busy as always... I will return to Primary on sunday and do sharing time. Time will continue to march forward and I will hopefully return to the blog and catch little glimpses of it every so often.
 |
| This was such a tender moment....capturing that look on Miles face looking at Emerson. |
 |
| Trying to take a 'trendy' baby photo...thanks Tom for being our photographer! |
 |
| Gotta love those mad/naked baby pics! |
 |
| Sweet boy. |
 |
| Cheesy little Miles! |

I am so grateful for my sweet children, and for the way that each one of their spirits expands our family's bubble of love.
 |
| The Bailey Children... Lane, Maelynn, Emerson, Sadie, Seth, Landen, and Miles. |
10 comments:
I love all the photos, but the last one of all your beauties, is wonderful. You are so blessed, and gifted. I can feel your special spirit everytime I read your blog. I'm so happy that you only had those 4 hours, you deserve it after the preliminary weeks of pain. Congratulations, Viki, (& Greg).
I love the last photo of all the kids! It sure makes me miss IF and the Bailey Family!! I am glad that your labor/delivery went so well! I am hoping for the same!!
Congrats! So happy everything went well with delivery. You have such a beautiful family.
LOVE the family picture! Love that you are my friend.
Congratulations again. Thanks for sharing the photos. You have such a beautiful family. Welcome to the 7 club.
Thanks for the photos, you have such a beautiful family. I did not know when you had gone in to have Emerson until recently, so Congratulations from all of us.
Fun entry about Emerson's birth. Glad it was 'easy' (well, as 'easy' as births go). I love all the pictures. That one of Miles looking at Emerson is precious. I just read your last several entries. Good writing. Fun catching up.
Seriously, Viki, you have THE cutest children ever! Emerson fits right in. I'm so happy for you and your family that everything went well. I know you've got your hands full, but keep up the posts! I love all the photos, btw!
Thanks for the great blog. I'm excited for the get-together in February. The pictures are wonderful. What an awesome family!
Awwww he is soooo cute! I miss seeing your family all the time.
Post a Comment