![]() |
| (The board was also made of melted chocolate!) |
![]() |
| (Seth and his buddies) |
1. He is super cute (even though he is trying to grow his hair out longer than I like!)
2. He is smart (without hardly trying)
3. He is always proud of his accomplishments (even if he had nothing to do with it, like "I was the biggest baby you delivered!!)
4. He is happy to share his room and his toys and his possessions with others
5. He chooses good friends to associate with
6. He loves scouting (dang it, I just realized I forgot to take pictures of his Pinewood Derby 2 days ago)
7. He understands my sense of humor and may have also inherited a bit of it! (teehee)
8. He can stay quiet for most of Sacrament meeting now (or with minimal reminders to do so)!
9. He is great at Jiujitsu and at any sport he tries (lots of natural athleticism in that kid...So NOT inherited from me)
10. He is kind and forgiving and loving!
Well, Seth's birthday officially ends the string of Birthday craziness that goes on around here from November till February....as Maelynn reminded me tonight, I don't have to make another cake until August!!! Hooray!!!
But, although I don't HAVE to make any more, I likely WILL be making more before then, as my dear hubby gave me Cake Decorating classes for Christmas which will begin at the end of March! I am hoping that by then, I will have Emerson taking an occasional bottle...because I am getting ALL WORN OUT. Contrary to popular Hollywood trends of starting motherhood in your 40's.... I am too old for this. Seriously.
Speaking of Emerson and his eating habits...here he is at ONE MONTH... I had to put him in the same bowl that we did his newborn pictures in...that I posted on the previous blog...just to compare...he is busting out of the bowl this time...I just think he is so chubby and cute!!! Or as Greg affectionately refers to him every time he picks him up, "You are a fat turd". (I know....not nice. I cringe every time.)
He went from 8 pounds 9 ounces to 11 pounds 5 ounces in 4 weeks. He is busting out of the 'up to 12 pounds' diapers and onesies....crazy!
![]() |
| Emerson James (One month old!) |
Well.... I hate to promise things that never happen, but I do honestly hope to someday get enough sleep to get my thoughts straightened out to be able to write a blog post about real thoughts and feelings and my own philosophies on life (all the stuff that has been floating around in my noggin')...instead of just the day to day happenings around here...just not sure when that day will come...but you will know when it does!



8 comments:
You are too hard on yourself! That cake is great! 16 times with the mold! That stinks!
I have to admit making 16 pawns out of ONE mold would definitely be frustration!! However, that cake if amazing. Use to take me half of the day before to decorate birthday cakes, and back then I didn't know about all the things one could do (such as molding or fondant, which I probably wouldn't have used anyway, sigh!) My cake had to grow larger and larger just to accommodate the boys, and I got lazier ended up just using one color to frost and decorate. But your cakes are Aaammmmmaaaaaaaszzzzzzing!!!!
I honestly think you're going to have to teach your cake decorating instructor a thing or two! That cake is amazing. Happy Birthday Seth. Emerson is so cute; I just want to pinch (gently) his cheeks.
I am dying laughing about the two-chinned Mii! Too funny!
love your family...
Your cake is AMAZING! How wonderful that you get to take a class and further develop your talent. Oh, that "little" Emerson is so cute. I just love squishy baby cheeks! Emmaline's are slowly deflating, and it just makes me sad. :-)
Seth loved the cake and now is begging me to make a checkers game for his birthday. I'm very impressed! I may need some help.
Vicki! You are seriously an AMAZING mom!!!! What blessed and lucky kids to have you! Man I wish we lived closer! I LOVE THE CAKE! My daughter and hubby are both HUGE chess lovers! I want to do that cake! What did you look up on Amazon to find molds?
Amy Smith Patterson
Post a Comment