Monday, June 9, 2008

Blustery June, Gas and Fish

It is June the 9th, and we are still having cold temperatures and blustery wind up here in Idaho. Every time we go out we have to find jackets still. My dear husband decided after the last heating bill, that the heat was going off. He refuses to turn it back on. Needless to say, the nightime and early mornings are VERY COLD. I think that we are only going to be in the 50's or so for a high. So, all of this leads me to wonder, "What ever happened to that global warming?"

On a side note - I just decided to fill up the Suburban with gas, because I heard from someone who owns a lot of gas stations here that it would be up to $4.50 in the next 2 weeks. So, I went to Maverik where the gas was $3.94 (cheapest I could find in town)and even though my tank was not empty (just under a 1/4 tank left) it still came to $95.00. I am not sure what we are going to do this summer with all of the trips and driving we have planned. Heaven help us!

FISHING DAY: Saturday was the "free fishing day" here in Idaho. Basically - once again it was too cold and windy to really enjoy it at all. Not to mention the fact that there were essentially no bites. Landen did catch one TINY fish, which I don't think he even felt tug or anything. It was more like he was reeling it in to re-cast, when all of a sudden, "Oh, there's a little fish on there!" It was funny. You can get an idea of exactly how much "FUN" we were having from this picture.

4 comments:

Kako said...

I'd take the 50s and not complain one bit. I'm frustrated by the gas prices, we were told to fill up today because tomorrow would be 25 cents higher. Do you think this will ever stop? I'm glad you aren't cancelling your trip to Utah. BTW, Daniel has told me that we are headed back the 24th so we need to hang out a ton the 23-24. See you soon. (Why do you need the word verification when you have a "Closed" blog?)

Kako said...

I forgot to mention, when I am feeling inclined to not turn on the heat, (which isn't too often these days) I substitute with baking. The house smells wonderful and actually feel warmer too.

Cecily said...

I am with you, I am so over this weather! It snowed all day today here. Ugh! And don't even get me started on the gas prices.

The fishing looks fun, though! Did you get to eat the little fish? :-)

Justin and Jill said...

You tell Greg to turn the heat on! Don't tell Justin, but I have had days this June where the air conditioner is on during the day and then I turn the heat on for the night!

Cute fishing picture. It's still exciting to catch something, right?!