
It can be very helpful some days in reminding myself of small things that need to be done. Most of the time however, I find that there are not enough hours in the day to fulfill said list. Either that, or not enough Viki's. So, many times I will scratch out the "Tuesday" on the top of the list, and just change it to "Wednesday" and leave the remaining items. On days where I especially feel like I accomplished a lot of things (just none that were on the list) I will sometimes add those things that I did get done to my list, just so I can cross them off, i.e. "take 10 minute nap" or "read 15 books to Lane"! =)(There may be therapy for this sort of compulsion. If not, I may be just the one to create that therapy!)
Yesterday, although I did manage to watch some of "The Office" on-line, I felt like I had a huge "To-Do" list and got the majority accomplished. In my prideful heart, I feel the need to blog about the many items that were accomplished. Here goes, "Viki's To-Do List from 6/17/08":
* Make sack lunch for Landen's scout Camp
* get medical release form filled out and to the leaders
* Take Landen to the Stake Center for Day Camp
* Drop Maelynn off at the gym for practice
* Take kids to Rebecca's (babysitter)
* Appointment with Dr. Morrison at 9 am
* Get letters to post office (buy 1 cent stamps)
* Get baby present for Dennert's and wrap
* Pick up kids from babysitter
* Drop off stuff at Jensen's house
* Pick up Maelynn from Gymnastics
* Laundry (actually got 4 loads done!)
* Appointment at Doctor Olson's 1:45 pm (get x-ray to take)
* Landen back from Scout camp
* Find and return books due to library (the "find" part usually takes longer!)
* Viki to Staff meeting at work at 3:30
* Maelynn to Activity Days 4 pm
* Piano lessons (5pm and 5:30 pm)
* Visit friend in hospital (poor guy had blood clots in lungs)
* Make dinner (Chili and bread - easy!)
* Clean house up for all of the Young Men coming over tonight for Scouts
(thanks for the whole HOUR notice on such a carefree day Greg!)
* Mary Jane here at 6 pm to visit
* Take Mary and all 5 kids to Tom's house to pull weeds
* Feed and then bathe filthy kids (Sadie's new Indian name after weeding
was "little brown legs", I should have had a camera!)
* Scouts over here for water safety training
* Go to the Apple to lift weights with friend
* Shower, do more laundry, go to bed!
I am not sure how many items that is - I don't really care to know - all I know is that it felt like a very busy day - because what isn't even listed there are the many small items, like reading to Lane (book after book), picking up toys, sweeping the kitchen floor and doing tons of dishes, folding laundry, phone calls, emails, etc. etc.) Let's just say I'm grateful for a little sudoku to keep my mind going! =)
What to do today? Oh - only get completely ready for being gone for 2 1/2 weeks to Utah (more laundry, packing, cancel mail, newspaper, and milk deliveries).

Oh - and the kids are getting their photos taken at 1 pm today. Guess I better quit goofin' off on the computer and get to work!
I shall sign off now for a few weeks of vacation and leave you, my faithful readers, with this very deep sentiment (as my children recently learned to sign their yearbook at school)
"H.A.G.S"!
8 comments:
Very impressive Viki! I think you always are busy doing things! I wish I had as much ambition as you do! I hope you have a fun vacation! We are going to miss you!
What's that? Hugs And Gooey Slobber? Hire a Goofy Sitter? Hoard A Gallon Slushie? Hang A Gorey Spider? Help And Give Service? Have A Great Slumber? House A Gentile Servant? Wow! There are so many... You might have to help me out on this one. Love ya and Have A Great Summer! Can't wait to see you. Wednesday, I hope.
Have fun on your trip! Isn't it great to have such a productive day? Have a great summer! (H.A.G.S.???)
Viki you have a crazy schedule!! The pictures turned out so cute. well i think so. but let me know which ones you want me to fix okay. Thanks for letting me take your kids pictures. It was fun.
Hey Viki! are you back from your trip yet? let me know which pictures you want me to fix, or i will just come show you how to do things on your photoshop. k bobbi has a blog, but hasn't put anything on it yet it is www.bobbih90.blogspot.com
Wow, I just read your list, and I need to go take a nap. I have no idea how you do it. H.A.G.S. (and Ken & Jen's guesses) made me laugh out loud. Hope you had a wonderful vacation!
The remarkable thing is that you have these lists and keep busy, yet I always feel that you have all the time in the world to talk to me when I call. Amazing!
I thought you'd be back already! I want to hear all about it!
Post a Comment