
Greg left for Florida this morning for a week long 'playdate' (Er, um, I mean, 'educational seminar') with his friend...
My husband has not even been gone for 24 hours yet, and I already miss him deeply. I think that there are many reasons for this.
First of all - I have to admit that I just plain don't do well without him. He is always reminding me to be grateful he didn't go into Medicine, as I couldn't handle him being gone all the time. You're right Greg. (Wow - so much easier to type than to speak those words.) I admit it - he is a WONDERFUL father and helps me out so much with the kids. Not only with the kids, but also with things around the house. Did I mention that Lane has been asking me ALL DAY LONG for his daddy?? Quite frankly - If only I could - I would have another 5 children just so that many more spirits would have the blessing of having Greg for a father.
Here in I.F. there is a local radio station that does a weekly feature called "Brag on your Man". I am always feeling that prompting to call in and explain what a great guy Greg is. I just haven't heeded it yet. (This is very similar to how I also don't heed the prompting to get up and bear testimony as oft as I should) =(
Another thing that makes me miss him is the fact that I am currently dealing with a tragic situation where a friend of mine recently lost her husband. They just had their 5th child - and I feel so devastated for her. It is almost overwhelming to fathom what she is going through. I just hope to be able to keep it together at the funeral tomorrow. =( (Again, wish Greg were here!) I have been reminded to not take things for granted and to appreciate the everyday a little more.
Another reason that I may be missing Greg is for the sane side of us. He pretty much keeps things real. I am mostly spastic, sarcastic and hyper and for the next week things will be exacerbated a bit with my emotions. (Girls understand what I mean here. If you are a guy - please skip to the next paragraph to make things easier on your mind!) So, what does PMS really stand for? Prepare for Mom's Screaming? or is is Please Make Supper! I can never recall! Lucky Greg - gets to miss it all!
*UPDATE* Last night (this morning) at 1:45 am, as I am going to change the clothes from the washer to the dryer - I step into a wet, squishy rug, water is everywhere! Yup - that's right - washing. machine. broken.)
While Greg is a very conservative person, I am more liberal. Where I enjoy one type of TV/Video (CSI, Law & Order, Heroes), he enjoys a completely different one (BYU reruns where they always win, and anything with a happy 'Disney' ending). Where I find humor in things - he sees the tragic. Where I take risks - he cowers in fear! (j.k) Honestly - we have always laughed about the fact that besides our religion and our children, we have NOTHING in common. So - how did we ever become we? My only supposition is Divine Intervention.
So - here's to surviving a WEEK without my dear hubby - which makes me WEAK to think about! I MISS YOU GREG!
11 comments:
Okay, by the way, LOVE the new background. So. Cute. And, BTW, I had a dream that you announced to Greg that you made a deal with God that you would have 3 more girls so that you could have an even amount of boys and girl, which got me to doing math and after reading your desire to have 10 kids, I am wondering if there is some sort of "divine truth" that we both have seen. (To which I have to say to Greg, yes you really are that great of a dad!). Thanks for the updated blog!
I can completely relate Viki. Although I wonder how I can live with Drew at times, I know I could never live without him.
Don't sell yourself short, I am sure that Greg realizes what a blessing you are to him. Right Greg?
Hint: Write something sweet to your wife to let her know how totally awesome she really is.
Viki,
Roses are Red,
Violets are Blue,
I can't wait to return home
to give you a hug and a kiss and all of that - I love you too!
Your man,
Greg
Viki, I'm just impressed that Greg even reads your blog. I think Darren's logged on 3 times...and that's after I told him to! Greg is a very great person and you are both great parents- hence the great kids.
Great post! I'll count this as my heart-warming moment of the day.
Sorry you're missing Greg! I hate it when Lance goes away also. Being alone is so not fun, especially when the washing machine goes on the fritz.
I feel bad I didn't have a chance to talk to you at the funeral. We thought the service was really nice. Although I'm still really struggling with it too; I can't even look at the funeral program without crying.
Hope your week goes by very quickly!
I think Greg is a terrific guy, too! But I remember something your Dad said during his comments at your wedding ceremony. He said he "knew Greg must be a great young man, because Viki chose him." We love you, too, Viki!
Love, Paula
Viki--what a great tribute to a guy I think is awesome too! Justin and I always comment after we spend time with you guys about how great your family is.
Cute blog!
A whole week? Yuck! I hate when Ken leaves for a few days. Of course, when he's home day in and day out, I kinda like it when he leaves for a day or so. Then I miss him and repent for wanting him to "get out"!
I am sorry for your friend that lost her husband. I truly don't know how people go on. I know its the blessings of the gospel that keep them going, but honestly I don't think I could do it. I pray I never have to find out!
I am sorry about your washing machine too. What an awful appliance to lose! Will you get it fixed or is it in need of replacing? Good luck.
And thanks for the blog idea! Its really cool.
How funny, Steve is going to Florida in three weeks on "business" and I know I will be thinking alot of the same things.
Post a Comment