I'm in love with mud,
It's sad, I know, but true.
I just can't help but splash in it,
Or stomp a path right through.
It's sticky and it's dirty,
And it covers all my clothes.
But when I see it lying there,
A voice inside me grows...
...You can't resist, you know I'm right,
It's fun to play in mud!
Look at it just sitting there,
I really think you should!
I splatter in the grimy gloop,
I can't resist the ooze!
I run, I jump, I stamp about,
It drips into my shoes!
While I am blogging about "dirt" anyhow - I thought I would throw in a few pictures of the little local sand dunes. This is ironically the same location where they hold the "mud run". We went there with the cub scouts for pack meeting. It was a lot of fun. I just took some random shots of the kids playing in the sand.
I have to admit - although there is no photographic evidence of this - that I, too pulled of my shoes and socks and had a frolicking good time in the sand.
One last 'dishing out of dirt' on me. I am going to copy a cute idea from one of my cousin's blogs to tell about my day in court and the events leading up to it.(Thanks, Anny)
Unfortunately, I received a ticket for "failure to obey traffic light" (I was turning RIGHT on a YELLOW light which turned RED before I got all the way through the intersection). Fortunately, I found myself to be completely innocent of the charges and decided to pursue my stated innocence with the justice system. Unfortunately, the cop wrote down the wrong code number, and I was now being ticketed for a misdemeanor "pedestrian under the influence of drugs and alcohol". Fortunately, I was in a "researching" mood when I discovered this 'mistake' and went to the County court to fight this. Unfortunately, this took a lot of time and 2 different appearances at the courthouse downtown. Fortunately, the prosecuting attorney was able to see the error on the deputy's part and dismissed all charges against me. Unfortunately, the whole event played out in an entirely less-dramatic fashion then the "Law and Order" scene before a judge that I had been rehearsing in my head! Fortunately, my friends were able to celebrate this justice-filled event with me by having lunch at Great Harvest afterwards!
Have a great and ticket-free day, y'all.
P.S. For anyone interested in reading a great story in the new york times about the positive power of blogging, read here. I personally joined in on this auction and have been very moved by the whole story of this sweet family.
12 comments:
Oh, I wonder if you tried to clean the shoes and clothes or if you just threw them away! I know what I would do! At least to the shoes anyway! That looks like so much fun though! What a fun place for a pack meeting.
Congrats on your court case!
Jen - I guess I should have mentioned that - The shoes, socks, and I believe, underwear...all met their fate in the garbage. I did salvage the shirt and shorts, amazingly! =)
So is that an original poem from the days that you were younger? Such cute pics! Love that you were able to catch the mistake of the officer, and that you had the courage to go to court. I would completely buckle under such circumstances. But turning right on a yellow light? Wow he must have been desperate.
Loved the post. I'm going to have to do a fortunately and unfortunately post before too long. Wish we had mud to play in.
I love that Landen is so excited to be involved in events going on around him. I hope my boys are confident enough to do that!
Wow, crazy court case! Maybe you should be a nurse lawyer!
Great post! I'm really glad you got your name cleared of pedestrian under the influence of drugs and alcohol. That could have been a little scandalous. :-)
I love the pictures at the sand dunes!
Congrats on winning your "uneventful" court case! Landen looks so cute in all that mud! I wished I'd known about the Mud Run-I bet it was fun to watch. Gotta love the sand dunes (until it's all in your house as your kids take off all their clothes!)
Sorry Viki, I had to laugh about your ticket. There must be more police in Idaho than in Indiana, everyone goes through yellow lights here even if they are about to turn red. If you stop for a yellow light you have to wait 2 or 3 minutes for a green. It was the strangest thing to see when we first moved here.
I only had one time where I "fought" a ticket--Of course, I was right. Mine wasn't nearly as dramatic as yours. But I did teach this "courageous" trait to my son, Ryan, as he did the same thing! (He was so thrilled with the experience, that he tried with a couple parking tickets he got at Weber State. He wasn't as successful with those, however, but they did knock the price down a bit for him.)
I've got to say something about the funny things your kids said that you have posted on the side of your blog. I couldn't stop laughing! Those are priceless!!!
Thanks for the laugh today!
Gotta love the mud. Your kids are growing up so much. I miss the dunes as we spent a lot of time out there when I was at RICKS. Thanks too for the link to the other blog. It looks like they could really use the help.
Oh a kid after my own heart. I love dirt and mud. Are you sure Landen isn't one of my kids.
I have to say that the "day in court" was very anticlimactic. But it was nice to go and have lunch with you afterward. We need to do that more often. Not the ticket thing, the lunch thing.
11 comments, man, your popular. I'm going to take the comments off my blog just so I don't feel so inferior. And, BTW, you need a new post. Super cute pictures, but I am a little tired of the same text.
Post a Comment