Sunday, October 19, 2008

TRUE BLUE - THROUGH AND THROUGH!



Last weekend - we celebrated our 12th Anniversary. Or, as our kids call it, "The Family's 12th Birthday". Landen has been reminding me lately that I need to be careful because next year our family will be a teenager!

For our celebration, we drove to Utah as a family. We stayed at my sister's house. (I know, I know... 10 kids - how romantic can it get?) Greg and Landen and Seth all went to the BYU game. It was the homecoming game against New Mexico. I decided to let them go 'all-out' and get painted up for the game.








As I was painting faces and spraying hair - I was commenting to the boys how I thought it was a sufficient display of Cougar Patriotism, to which Landen objected, saying, "Mom, it is my FIRST game - I have to look good!" Although it was a cold day in Utah County, they stayed dry and had a blast. Also of note, BYU TOTALLY blew out the opposing team! GO COUGS!!

Before the game, Greg and I did get to go eat lunch at Tucanos, a Brasilian restaurant. It was delicious and always brings back fond memories of my mission. It is so hard to believe that it was already 14 years ago that I got my call to serve in Brazil!

This weekend, we returned to Happy Valley again - this time to celebrate the wedding of Greg's little sister, Joanna. She was married yesterday to a great guy - Christopher. They were so radiant and we felt really happy to be in the temple with ALL of Greg's siblings and spouses. Way to raise some awesome children, Paula and James! (And luckily, I got the best one! HeHe!)

There was a reception in Price and then a beautiful dinner at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building for a large group of family and close friends. It was lovely. Here is a picture that we took of the happy couple in Price (I took a few liberties in doctoring it up a bit!)



Check out the cool cake topper that Joanna did as a surprise for her husband who is an avid cyclist.



I also have to add one more cute picture that we took at the Open House in Price. (I hope that this adorable boy's parents don't mind this...) Greg's brother, who always has a way of bringing a little extra humor into any situation, decided to take advantage of a rather 'static' moment and fix his nephews' hair and then march him into the cultural hall for all to see!



Who could resist that sweet little 'who' from 'Who-ville'?

To finish up our weekend, we spent the morning on Temple Square today before heading back up to Idaho Falls. The older children got to sit in on the live recording of "Music and the Spoken Word".



We also visited the Visitor's Centers and went to the top of the Conference Center. On the way home, we stopped in to see some dear Brasilian friends of ours and had a lovely visit with them.

Thanks for stopping by my blog for a meander. Have a wonderful day!

10 comments:

Kako said...

I've decided that your "letting them go all out" should be translated: I encouraged them strongly to paint their faces, then to play cards in a median on a busy road." I love your nastalgia for the BYU. Sadly mine has wavered a bit after driving 24 hours round trip to see them get slaughtered. I guess I am a fair weather friend. Loved the pictures. Joana looked beautiful. Loved the simple cake, even with the bike. How fun.

Sandi said...

Congrats on the 12 years of wedded bliss. James and I just celebrated our 13th. Can't believe we have survived each other. Guess it's true that time flies when you're having fun!

Marilyn said...

I guess we each get nastalgic for our BYU days in our own way. My effort goes into trying to get to the concerts (well, only the ones my kids are playing in)rather than the ball games. I'm glad you had a fun trip (or two).

Bryan Crew said...

You are on top if it! I can't believe you've already blogged the weekend. It was fun to see everyone, even if we only got a few words in between running around and chasing kids. Ethan really wants to have a sleep-over with Seth. Maybe one of these summers we can have some cousin time!

Paula said...

What a fun blog! Family time is precious. Our being all together this past weekend was a joy even though it was hectic. I laughed out loud at the picture of Bowen. Thanks for your love and support.

Brown, Inc. said...

Congrats on the big 1-2!! You have such a sweet family. Glad they got to see the cougars play! Funny that our anniversaries so close together.

Terri Porter said...

Your life is never dull. You always live life to the fullest and always manage to find the beauty in all things.
Sound like you had a really great weekend. Maybe not romantic but oh,well. Sharing a hotel room with my sister and brother in law wasn't
t exactly the way I imagined spending my 21st anniversary either.
You are really good for me. I hope we are friends for a long time to come.

Justin and Jill said...

Congratulations on 12 years! That's awesome. We had a great time with your family last weekend.

I can't wait to see your kids' Halloween costumes, so I'll look forward to those pictures soon too! Maybe Bowen should be a "Who!" Will you email me that picture--that was hilarious!

GO COUGS! Definitely True Blue!

Justin and Jill said...

I just realized I can copy and paste the picture of Bowen right our of your blog. Who knew?! Thanks for capturing the moment!

Bryan Crew said...

Viki, thanks for letting (without knowing) me use the picture of Chris and Joanna on my blog. I didn't keep very good tabs on my camera the entire weekend!