
So - I decided to try out the whole "Black Friday" thing and see what all the hype is about. I have to say - for someone who loves big crowds of people - it was quite fun! I went out with a friend of mine. She had done it before and told me what to expect. I woke up at 4 am and we were at Wally World by 4:30. It was so packed. I couldn't believe the people inside that place. It is a good thing that they are open 24/7 so we didn't have to wait outside in the cold. I stood in a massive huddle of people around the kid's bikes while my friend went to the clothing section to wait for the jeans for Greg. Before they could even do a "count-down" someone just grabbed something at about 4:57, and it was a massive chain reaction. In less than 30 seconds - the entire display of bikes and Leapsters were gone! vanished. It was amazing to watch.
Then we drove over to the Mall, where it was jam-packed. It made me wonder why stores don't just do their own individual "Black Wednesday" sales before Thanksgiving - or just chose another day. People would totally come if they advertised it right. "If you advertise, they will come". (Field of Dreams)
We also drove around town to check out the lines at all of the stores that had not yet opened. The worst line was by far at the Home Depot. And those poor people were waiting in the frigid pre-dawn Idaho Falls air! Glad I wasn't in the market for tools today!
Ijust read a news article about a guy (worker) at a Wal Mart in N.Y. that got trampled and eneded up DEAD. That is so sad. I mean - running of the bulls I can see - but being trampled to death by white trash Americans on Black Friday - heckofa way to go! I'm just sayin'!
Happy Christmas Shopping everyone!
6 comments:
Sounds crazy. I didn't make it unil 8:30 so missed the rush but still got the one thing I was shopping for. And in the process felt like I was helping the economy. That my friend, is a good thing!
So do you not post a new subject until you reach a certain amount of "comments" because hey, I'm willing to keep commenting to fulfill your quota! And, BTW, where did you get your background? Did you have to pay for it? I need something festive and looked at your link on the side but couldn't figure it out without having to pay something. Crazy, as if I'm computer illiterate. Hmph.
Okay, I figured it out, though mine isn't as cute as yours. Oh well. Now could you do a new post?
I took Paul out for the first time this year (I go almost every year). It was so funny to watch him and his "agony"! Never take a man to Black Friday -- they just don't understand. On the other hand, I saved a bundle!
Haha I was in line at Shopko. It was CRAZY!!!I heard you dont ever go to walmart on black friday cuz it is the craziest. I got pushed, but it was by my cousin who saw me. I have to tell you about the old ladies in the material store later. It was so funny
You know, it's people like this that make me get up at some insane hour of the morning and not be able to sleep off my turkey from the day before and work for 14 hours straight! The madness must stop! It was pretty crazy at the Willey. Hope it was worth it and you got me a ton of presents:)
Post a Comment