Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day

I couldn't quite wait until Valentine's Day proper to give my present to Greg, (I have had it since before Christmas mind you)...
So - on Friday afternoon, I made him open it up. He loved it! Yeah! Smiles all around. "What?" you ask was this awesome gift??

Drum roll, please.......

Tickets for us to go and see Brian Regan live in a few weeks! He is so funny. But the part that I am most looking forward to is watching Greg laugh his head off!
If you have no clue who Brian Regan even is - then here is one example for your viewing pleasure...



Also - I gave Greg the movie "Fireproof". We watched it that night and I cried. It is really good. We are also going to try out the 40 Day Love Dare from the movie to see if our marriage can improve. Our children rated our marriage at a 8.5 out of 10, so I guess we are doing OK, but there is always room for improvement for everyone. If you haven't seen it - I would recommend it.

Greg gave me the soundtrack to the movie Twilight! (Yes, Jill, you can borrow it! =)


It has some really fun songs. Thanks Greg.


The kids had a great time at their school parties and I got to go in and help with Seth's class party. We made individual fruit pizzas and played Bingo and created mini valentine's for the kids to give to their moms. I saw this idea off of a link from DesignMom and they were really easy. Just those small matchboxes covered in paper and filled with m&m's (Dark Chocolate ones of course!) Here are some that my kids helped me make at home.



Friday night we had a ward Valentine's dinner for couples. They had us fill out papers about different life experiences, how we met, got engaged, etc. Then they randomly pulled out some names and called us to the front and turned it into a game of truth or lies. So - we basically had to make up a lie about something that wasn't really our experience to get people to believe it was us. Anyhow, one of them was "We met at a Single Adult Fireside". So I made up some story about how I was actually 16 years old and was serving the dinner at the Adult fireside as a young women's service project, and Greg was 8 years older than me and I served him dinner and that is how we met. Nobody bought my story of how we met, but today in Church, 2 people asked me if Greg was really 8 years older than me!!! HeHe. Sorry Greg - I am sure that they were asking because you actually look younger than me! =) It was pretty funny.

For the actual Day of Valentine's - I mostly slept (I had worked all night on Friday at the hospital). In the evening we went out to dinner with some good friends of ours to a Chinese restaurant. It was yummy food - and Greg especially loved the Sushi (he even put sushi on his ice-cream. NO JOKE. I wish I'd had the camera!)

We have just started the science fair projects - and the kids are really excited about them - I will post plenty of pictures soon about the projects. Hope you all had a LOVELY Valentine's. I am so grateful for all of you who fill my life with love. We are super excited to see pictures of our newest nephew who was born today. (Welcome to the world, baby Nash!)

13 comments:

Marilyn said...

Thanks for sharing the video clip. People have told me about Brian Regan before, but I've never seen any of his stuff. It was fun. I'm sure you guys will have a great time.

Tasha said...

I am so glad my story came in handy for your lying!! no really Earl is 8 years older than me :o)

Rosalee said...

Brian Regan videos are a hit at our house. Rick and I went and saw him last year. Be prepared for sore stomach muscles the next day from all the laughing. And if Kermit (not the muppet :)) is opening for him - you are in for a treat!

Christina said...

My Valentines Day was EXTRA special thanks to you!!

Kako said...

I tried to do the match box valentines but couldn't freakin find match boxes. It was so annoying. And since it was for achievement days and I was shopping an hour before the start I couldn't keep running to every store. Sad. I'm excited to hear about the Brian Regan show. How fun! And, for the record, I think Greg could be 8 years older than you, I would probably have believed it.

Jennie Blaser said...

I bought an ipod from a teenager in our ward for $25 and all his stuff was still on it. Besides every song by Green Day and Fall Out Boy, it also has Brian Regan and Jim Gaffigan comedy spots. They are both HILARIOUS. I've listened to them several times. Enjoy!

Kako said...

Okay, I totally just saw that you and Arlo are facebook friends and I want to know what Greg thinks.

Anny Case said...

Ah, yes - Brian Regan! He's hilarious. Sounds like you had quite the Valentine's Day extravaganza - how fun! As for me, I had a very romantic evening with my research article in progress. :)

tam said...

I was going to get Chris tickets to Brian Regan also, but he didn't want to go by himself! Darn it!

Sandi said...

Funny video!! I can just see Greg laughing and laughing. You are so crafty, I love the Valentines you made. Ours were not as cute!

Jennie said...

Steve and I saw that he was coming and talked about getting tickets, until we realized we scheduled the Blue & Gold Banquet for that night. Ugh! Have fun -- we'll be serving hotdogs and potatoe salad to a bunch of rowdy scouts. It'll provide some laughs I'm sure.

Justin and Jill said...

Hearing Greg laugh is a great experience for anyone. You really can't help but laugh along! What a nice wife to give such a great gift. I'm sad to say that I gave Justin slippers. Very romantic, I know. Tell you kids hi from us!

Megan said...

SO JEALOUS---- BRIAN REAGAN!!!! Hope you have a blast!!!