Sunday, March 15, 2009

Car Conversations

Last week - while driving in the car, this is the conversation that Sadie and Lane had with each other (mostly reflecting on Shadow's recent passing, I am sure.)

Lane: Why did Shadow get buried?
Sadie: Because he got dead.
Lane: Oh, when are we going to get buried?
Sadie: When we die.
Lane: Oh. When are we going to die?
Sadie: Like when we are a hundred, or when a car hits us or when all of our blood leaves us.
Lane: Why all our blood leaves us?
Sadie: Because when all of your blood leaves our bodies, then our feet get real floppy and we can't live.

At this point I just about couldn't contain the laughter anymore. Kids are so much fun to listen to...you should have heard the conversation in their high-pitched albeit serious little voices!

3 comments:

Kako said...

I love kid conversations!

Pure Golding said...

I wonder where your adorable kids get their imaginations?! Couldn't be from their mother, could it? Your whole family makes me smile!

Jessica said...

haha that is funny! I can't believe how much Lane talks now. Did you hear about andy? read my blog