Monday, March 9, 2009

Seth's Baptism

This post is about a week late, but "better late than never", right?

On February 28th, 2009, our third child, Seth Merrill Bailey was baptized and confirmed a member of the Church by his dad. It was a beautiful occasion. We had both sets of his grandparents, and one aunt and one uncle here to celebrate. There were only 2 kids from the Stake being baptized that day, so it went fairly quickly.

Seth got some really neat things from his granparents. Gr.& Gr. Groberg got him a nice set of scriptures and Gr.& Gr. Bailey brought Seth a really neat 'Baptism Book' that was all cutesy and hand-crafted. It is better than any scrapbook I've ever made! What great talent and great love.

We are so proud of Seth. He is a great young man. He is already working very hard on his Scouting, and we know that he will accomplish many wonderful things in his life. We are just proud to be his parents and to get to watch him grow and we learn from him all the time. What an example to me.


On a more solemn note, we had a death last night. Shadow (Joe and Jeanne's beloved family dog) passed away. It was really hard for the kids to watch him dying, but luckily he went fairly quickly. In fact, Greg took him to the vet, but when he got there, he had already died. So, he came back home and burried him in the back yard (per Joe and Jeanne's request). We knew that his time was coming, but it was especially hard on Landen who really took care of him the most. He cried and cried for quite a while. I am still having a hard time looking out the window as I do dishes and not seeing him there. Rest in Peace, Shadow dog.

6 comments:

cskelton said...

Congratulations to Seth, (and Mom and Dad). Such milestones become precious memories and another cement block in foundations of testimonies.

P.S I'm so happy to see the children of the next generation turning into grownup aka nerds haha j/k

Love you Viki and Greg and because I love you I love your children.

Rosalee said...

Congratulations Seth! Sorry to hear about Shadow - he was a great dog.

Cecily said...

Congratulations Seth! It's hard to believe he's already 8. He is such a nice boy.

I'm so sorry you lost your dog! That is so sad, especially for the kids.

Do you take blog requests? :-) I would love an update on your house plans, when you're going to break ground, etc. Hope all is well!

Justin and Jill said...

We're so proud of you Seth! Not only for your baptism, but also for your great job in Scouting. Great baptism smile!

Paula said...

Thanks for letting us be part of your special day, Seth. Grandpa and I look forward to many more special times with you and your family. We're sorry to hear about Shadow. He meant alot to many people so he must have been a great dog!

Kako said...

Wish we could have been there! (sadly we weren't invited!). Congrats!