Saturday, April 4, 2009

Much Ado...

Technically - I don't really have "much ado" - at least I feel as if my life is sometimes on instant replay day after day as I wake up to the same routines. However, at this very moment, I am feeling quite different. Let me explain...

I am alone. You heard it...A.L.O.N.E. My sweet husband has taken all of the children to his parent's home for the Conference weekend. I stayed behind - because I am working a bunch of shifts at the hospital this weekend. (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday). Since I don't have to go into work until 3 pm today - I found myself sitting and folding a ginormous pile of laundry while listening to Conference on the radio. I was actually able to listen to and enjoy the entire session. Every word of every song and every talk. It was AMAZING. I just felt the spirit so strongly confirming the new apostle. I felt the spirit testifying to me of the many ways the Lord has been in my life, and watching out for me. I bawled at the last talk as I contemplate the enormity of faith that I wish to have someday, prior to my leaving mortality.

Although I am going to miss most of the next session and most of tomorrow's session because I'll be working - I know that I will be able to read and listen to those talks on-line later. I look forward to that additional enlightenment.

In an attempt to update my blog with the latest family happenings - I will post a few pics of the kids and their science fair projects. Landen actually won 1st place for the 4th grade - and Maelynn gets an honorable mention right now from her adoring parents!

They both did great and we are proud of them.




Also - a few pictures of the morning we woke up to on Friday - mind you this was April 3rd!













Welcome Springtime! No, really, WELCOME...come as soon as you'd like....We can't wait to meet you!

10 comments:

cskelton said...

Your faith is so strong now. As I read your blog, I wish I had started with as much faith as you have. It will only get stronger. You are amazing, Viki, I take strength from you.

Marilyn said...

I remember the "mountains of laundry" days (sometimes the piles looked like actual mountains). With only 3 kids left at home, laundry is somewhat managable now. I too bawled through much of Conference yesterday. Just wait till you watch Elder Hollands talk. What a powerful speaker!

Paula said...

Thank you for sharing your sweet family with us for the weekend. It made such a special addition to our conference weekend. Maelynn and Landen didn't even mention Science Fair...boy, do I remember those days. Congratulations, you two!!

Jennie said...

I hope you had a wonderful time alone with your laundry! Isn't it funny what can become a luxury, like solitude.
Steve wants to know the rest of the story about your dad. I was in the kitchen and only caught a little of the story.

Rosalee said...

I too was able to watch some of Saturday's sessions alone. It was wonderful! (Oh, and I was also doing laundry.) Great minds must think alike!:)

Jennie Blaser said...

I always get a puzzle and sit in front of the TV and try to not let anyone bother me. It normally is great and I'm able to really listen to conference. I stayed up late (11-1a.m. Saturday night) to watch the afternoon session. It was great and I got so much out of it!

Jodi said...

Snow this time of year is SOOOO depressing!

Bryan Crew said...

I remember one time it snowed on Cinco de Mayo. It's pretty to look at, though!

Kako said...

I love the snow pictures, really they are beautiful. And what nice hand-writing Landen and Maelynn have. Really impressive! (Did you read Kaila's blog about Gabby's science project? Her address is www.Kailadoscope.blogspot.com, incase you don't follow it. If you do read it, I'm not implying that you did the projects for them. Not at all. Fun time. Great family. You just need to update more often. Come now.

Jessica said...

Those poster's look way good. That is sooo cool he won. haha worm has no name. it is just a micro one so I don't even get to see it. ha