Anyhow - here I find myself once again in a similar situation, only having substituted my previous days of writing in a journal with "blogging" online. So - since I seem to be getting only one post a month done - I am setting a goal to post at LEAST 2 times a month. Please - gently remind me if I am getting behind, or if there is anything you think I should post about. THANKS, oh faithful readers and friends!!
July is here - and almost 1/4 gone already. I am pretty excited about a bunch of things for this month... let me tell you the top 8 things that I am excited about for July.
#1.... Bailey Reunion (OK - this technically already happened... but it was marvelous, nonetheless. Everyone deserves a vacay like we just enjoyed in Utah. See pics below!)




#2.... Our HOME building process which has officially begun. It will be exciting to watch the progress of our future home and to try to document it all and to choose out the tile, etc. So fun!
#3.... GIRL'S CAMP!!! This is going to be a sentimental year for me. It is my 5th consecutive year going to Camp in this stake. (And my last one, as we will be in another Stake next summer...see #2). We have fantastic things planned - I just hope that I can figure out how to make a power point CD in the next few days.
#4.... MY BIRTHDAY! Yup - I am actually excited for it. When I turned 30 - I dreaded it. I had a hard time. I probably would still be pouting about it somewhere if it weren't for my cousin Carol who turned it into a fun and memorable day!
Now that I am turning 34 - I feel like it sort of justifies the gray tint of my hair and my extreme plagues of constant fatigue and associated laziness!
#5..... My sister Jennie is coming to visit us at the end of the month. She lives all the way in Arizona, and our kids don't get to play together that often, so they are WAY excited for the chance to hang out with them. I know from personal experience how totally awesome cousin time is!
#6..... I will be that much closer to my due date! Hooray. I am not sure what I am more excited about this time... having a sweet baby to hold...FINALLY, or spending 2-3 days inside of an air-conditioned hospital room! =) Haha.
#7.... We read our 50th book for Book Club! Hooray. Here is the list of the 50 books we've read so far...
1. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
2. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
3. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
4. Magnificent Obsession by Lloyd C. Douglas
5. The Chosen by Chaim Potok
6. Alas Babylon by Harry Hart Frank
7. My Antonia by Willa Cather
8. The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck
9. Cry, The Beloved Country by Alan Paton
10. Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
11. Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
12. So Big by Edna Ferber
13. Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
14. The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Orczy
15. Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
16. Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
17. The Great Divorce by C.S. Lewis
18. Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier
19. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
20. Man’s Search for Meaning by Viktor E. Frankl
21. All Creatures Great and Small by James Herriot
22. The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins
23. Gulliver’s Travels by Jonathan Swift
24. The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne
25. Far From the Madding Crowd by Thomas Hardy
26. Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe
27. Silas Marner by George Eliot
28. The Awakening by Kate Chopin
29. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
30. A Room with a View by E.M. Forster
31. Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
32. A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
33. The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery
34. The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux
35. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
36. The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis
37. That Printer of Udells by Harold Bell Wright
38. Emma by Jane Austen
39. Little Britches by Ralph Moody
40. Death Be Not Proud by John Gunther
41. Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
42. Les Miserables (abridged) by Victor Hugo
43. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
44. Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson
45. The Invisible Man by H.G. Wells
46. The Power of Positive Thinking by Norman Vincent Peale
47. The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton
48. As I Lay Dying by William Faulkner
49. Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
50. Exodus by Leon Uris
I love thinking about how enriched my life has been by absorbing all of that great classical literature. We decided that we are going to have a major party when we reach 100books! I LOVE my Book Club.
#8..... I am going to be doing a Round Robin Quilt. This is like a "make-a-row-and-pass-it-on-to-someone-else-to-finish-it" type of quilt. I am way excited to get started! I am thinking of doing blues and greens for baby Mile's room! Woot Woot!
Well - there are my top 8 thing to be excited about for July. Hope yours is wonderful as well!
10 comments:
I love your list...well, all except for #3 :( 5 years just wasn't enough time to get all the prnaks done that we needed together! At least you will still be living close!
I agree with Chris, I love your list. I think you have too many things to keep you going, I am always amazed that you find time to blog! I need to do better as well at posting! I should make a goal of doing better!
I wish I could rewind time and go back to Homestead. Classic family time- kids playing outside all day, running around on the grass, smores, swimming, eating... It was so fun! ps- Could Maelynn be an angel? Seriously, she has been awesome at Gr and Gr Bailey's this week.
My journal entries are usually written when I'm mad, so it's probably a good thing I am not consistent. When I die and family find any of my journals, there will be a different view of me. I should burn them now. I love your book club too. I need to start one. Are you going to the cabin with Jennie? Sounds like fun. Cousin time is indeed the greatest!
I am jealous of all the books you have read. I don't even have five kids and I somehow never find the time to read. My friends and I want to start a book club but we have yet to meet and get that going. It was great seeing you guys at the reunion. I enjoyed having Maelynn stay at my house one night. She should come down again.
did I understand the baby's name is Mile? Or Miles? just curious!!
I need to go through your list and ask you about some that I haven't read and see if you think they are worth reading. I'm getting excited about Lagoon -- as are the kids -- I guess I won't make you go on the dizzy roller coaster and make you puke again since you are pregnant!
Viki, you should tell us your top five books so I can have a place to start. My motherly mind needs some fine tuning.
Wow Alsion - that is harder to do than it sounds - I have enjoyed over 90% of them, and would read most of them again! Off the top of my head - here are 5 that I have read many times each and that I think are very educational, entertaining, and uplifting....
A Tale of 2 cities
Man's Search for meaning
The Screwtape letters
A Christmas Carol
The Chosen
Great list Viki, (both lists btw)
I will remind you to blog if you remind me!!
I think it will be easier when Dan leaves for his mission and Krys goes off to school, at least that is what I am telling myself :o)
You are so ambitious and talented. I can't believe there is a lazy bone in your body. You have five wonderful children and a great husband. I hope this year brings you and your family great happiness. Happy Birthday!
Post a Comment