Sunday, September 13, 2009

The 9/12 March!


Any of you who know me at all, know that I LOVE Glenn Beck. He is just an all-around 'good guy'. One of the many inspired things that he has brought to people's attention, is the 9/12 project. Basically it is a call to re-commit to the way America was on the day after 9/11 (THUS, 9/12). He has a list of 9 Principles and 12 Values to live by.

The Nine Principles:
1. AMERICA IS GOOD.
2. I BELIEVE IN GOD AND HE IS THE CENTER OF MY LIFE.
3. I MUST ALWAYS TRY TO BE A MORE HONEST PERSON THAN I WAS YESTERDAY.
4. THE FAMILY IS SACRED. MY SPOUSE AND I ARE THE ULTIMATE AUTHORITY, NOT THE GOVERNMENT.
5. IF YOU BREAK THE LAW YOU PAY THE PENALTY. JUSTICE IS BLIND AND NO ONE IS ABOVE IT.
6. I HAVE A RIGHT TO LIFE, LIBERTY AND PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS, BUT THERE IS NO GUARANTEE OF EQUAL RESULTS.
7. I WORK HARD FOR WHAT I HAVE AND I WILL SHARE IT WITH WHO I WANT TO. GOVERNMENT CANNOT FORCE ME TO BE CHARITABLE.
8. IT IS NOT UN-AMERICAN FOR ME TO DISAGREE WITH AUTHORITY OR TO SHARE MY PERSONAL OPINION.
9. THE GOVERNMENT WORKS FOR ME. I DO NOT ANSWER TO THEM, THEY ANSWER TO ME.

The Twelve Values:
1. HONESTY
2. REVERENCE
3. HOPE
4. THRIFT
5. HUMILITY
6. CHARITY
7. SINCERITY
8. MODERATION
9. HARD WORK
10. COURAGE
11. PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY
12. GRATITUDE

Almost everyone who I know believes in a large majority, if not ALL, of those same principles and values. It is very important to me to try to instill those in my children as well. I am truly scared for what may lie ahead for them and their children, if things do not begin to improve in our Nation.

There is so much corruption abounding in the world - not just in politics, but everywhere. It is so disheartening to me to see this going on - and to feel so 'helpless' to change any of it. The other day after the ACORN scandal videos broke out - and I watched them, I was appalled enough to decide to do something about it.

I decided to take my kids and go to the nearest 9/12 march, which happened to be in Rexburg, Idaho. This was not a PROTEST, but a RALLY to show the government what WE THE PEOPLE believe in and want. It was a great experience, there were only about 120 of us marching (and about 200 at the theater) - but it was so gratifying and unifying to feel the 'esprit-de-corps' of everyone around us. There were lots of children, youth, adults, and even some senior veterans.
We met at a park, and with our flags and signs we marched over a mile, stopping at the County Courthouse and City Hall and made our way to a theater where they showed the live airing of Glenn Beck's program in N.Y. He showed the people gathered in D.C. at the Mall for their big rally. There were about 100,000 people there from all 50 states. It was so AWESOME to be a part of this and to feel unified. Glenn proposed a solution to the corruption which I thought was very interesting and likely inspired. I pray that it will work. I know that I will commit to do my part to help where I can to better our nation and government.

I am truly grateful for the blessings of relative peace and prosperity that we enjoy in this country, and I know that God will continue to come through on His promises, if WE do our part. GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

p.s. Here is a picture of the youngest rally member that was there: Miles at 2 weeks old in all his patriotic glory...


See post below for more of the cute little guy in action!!

4 comments:

Susan said...

That was good! I loved the march and am glad we all went. I especially loved all your signs!

Kako said...

What if you don't believe in Gog? Can you still participate?

Kako said...

Cute kid! What a life already. I can't wait to see him!

Justin and Jill said...

Justin would love to join your Glenn Beck fan club. As for me, I'd like to join the Miles Bailey fan club. What a cutie!