Sunday, October 11, 2009


OCTOBER 11, 2009

(Sadie is helping me with this post.)

"what's a post?" asks Sadie.

"It's what we are doing now." Says I.

"You seriously want me to tell a story about today?" says Sadie.

"You betcha. It'll be fun. You talk. I'll type." Says I.


"OK. ....Once there was a little baby. And his name was Miles. And he was in the Bailey family. And he got blessed on Sunday, today. He wore a brownish-whitish-ish outfit to the blessing. My uncle Tom came and my grandma and grandpa Groberg came and my grandma and grandpa Bailey came. And Mary Jane came, my mom's aunt. And Christina came. My mom's friend.
And I wore a dragonfly clip in my hair. I sat by my dad and my uncle Tom and I sat on my mom's lap. My dad was the one who blessed him. Isn't that what always happens, mom? And it was fun. And exciting. And they all stood in a circle around Miles.

After Sacrament was over, I was the only one that went to primary and stayed at Church. And everybody else went home. And later when I got home from Primary - we all got ready and went out to a house that was burned down for taking pictures with Tom. When we were there there was other people there taking pictures. They were dressed up. Two of them were dressed up as cats and the other was dressed up as a Zebra. And in the house that was burned down, on the downstairs, there was brick all over, then there was a big ditch. And that big ditch was their downstairs.
And when we took pictures there, we had one of each kid by theirself, and when it was my turn I stood in the garage doorway to go into the house, and when it was Seth's turn - he stood in the window and Lane did it too. The end."


As you can tell - in this cute little 6 year old's mind - the events of the day which were super meaningful/important/anticipated to me (the blessing of our sweet baby Miles Ivan Bailey) seem to have quickly taken a second place to the quick trip we took to the burned down house

(These are pics we took of the house here in town the day the Fire Dept. burned it down. It was fun to watch and has turned into a sort of outdoor photo studio for the community. I'll have to post the pics that Tom took of us when I get them.)to have Tom take our pics! Hilarious. I love just sitting down and hearing her ramblings and I thought it would be fun to let her do the "post". Thanks Greg for blessing Miles and for being a blessing to each of us. Thanks Paula and James for coming up to meet Miles and be here for the blessing. It means a lot to us. We only wish we could see you more often. And Thanks to Mom and Dad for coming up as well. We miss you guys and are grateful for the love and support we feel.

On another note, besides being Mile's blessing - today also marks our


13th anniversary.


It has been a long and bumpy road - and I have enjoyed each and every bump! I love you Greg.

9 comments:

Susan said...

That was a fun idea, Viki! Cool pictures of the house too. I told Corey last night I wanted to come support you at Miles blessing but we need to be in our sacrament so Rhett coulld be introduced as the newest memebr of the ward.

His little out fit was adorable though!

cskelton said...

Viki and Greg, congratulations on the blessing of Miles, how adorable he looks. Are you sure? it's been l3 years? Wow! I'd better check that one. Hummmmm (l996-2009? Yep I guess you're right,so Congratulations on that one too! Watch out you'll be getting old(er) before you know it!

Loved the blog, so so SO cute :)

Justin and Jill said...

Miles is getting so big! My favorite part of the story was that Sadie made sure to make note that she had a dragonfly clip in her hair. Such a girl!

Jennie Blaser said...

what a cute outfit! I totally want to see the pics of you guys that Tom took with the burning house. Hope everyone was out of it!

GrGrGr said...

Thanks Sadie for the nice report. Thanks Viki for having Sadie do it. We enjoyed every moment with all of you for Miles blessing.
For FHE tonight we added his cute photo to the "red frames" -- even had to put on newer longer strips of red ribbons. It looks great -- But we still need an update photo for Landen - his is from 2005! Oh, yes, and your 10 year family photo for the bedroom wall -- when you can get to it. Thanks and Love.

Christina said...

That picture of Miles is so adorable! He is just the cutest baby! I am so glad you guys got together 13 YEARS ago and had some of the best kids the world will ever have to offer!! I am also excited to see more pictures!

Idahomomof7 said...

Sadie's post was precious and a joy to read. What a beautiful day for you all!

Kako said...

I read this a while ago, but wanted to comment about how cute that Sadie "wrote" it. I miss Sadie! If we went to St. George for Dec. 26-29 do you think you'd come and meet us? Or something? Please?

Paula said...

Great job, Sadie! I enjoy keeping up to date with your family's activities. I did get a bit nervous when you mentioned a house fire, though. You are a wonderful big sister to Miles (and Lane). Keep up the good work!