Apologies to the little Lane-meister on the cake (Thanks to Grandpa Groberg for purchasing a great store-bought one with inscription and all). Here's my delayed, but nonetheless true entry about why I LOVE that guy!
On December 14th - Lane Delbert Bailey turned 4 years old. He is still such a little guy - physically speaking. However, on the mental scale he is TOP NOTCH. Here are the main 4 reasons why I LOVE LANE...
1. He is always full of energy and runs about 100 mph and never stops. The kids decided long ago that he has NO YELLOW LIGHT. He has a GO GO GO Green and a stop-dead-in-your-tracks-RED. Seriously, when he falls asleep, you can't wake the little man. Although at times infuriating and generally very exasperating - it is overall very HEALTHY for us to be a part of his energetic frenzy every day.
2. He is a smart cookie. Although 99.9% of parents think this about their children - I have ZERO doubt about his intelligence. He is saying things and doing things that seem to me to be above and beyond what his age calls for. Not that there is anything wrong with people of average to below average intelligence (I am one of those) - but I am just grateful that all of the thousands of books read to him seem to have had some positive side-effects.
3. He is very forgiving. No matter how angry he becomes at a sibling or a parent - he will forgive and forget quickly and with out reserve. It is a constant reminder to the rest of us on how we should be quicker to forgive.
4. Lane is the most AFFECTIONATE and LOVING person in the household. There is not a single day (or fraction thereof) that goes by without hearing the words: "I Love you so much." or "I wanna give you a hug and kiss". Whenever it is Lane's day for prayer, we take turns telling him what we love about him and then he will always say, "Now I'm gonna say what I love about myself....Ummmm, I love myself because (big pause) ..... I always like to give mom and dad hugs!" I sincerely wish that every person in the universe could feel that kind of pure love from someone so little. It is wonderful.

This month I am reminded of our little angel, Levi, whose birthday was on the 19th of December. It's so hard to believe it has been 2 years already. On his birthday I had myself a good little cry and then I tried to focus on working harder to become a better 'me' so that I can one day hold him again.
There is something symbolic to me about how within just over 2 weeks - all three of my "L" boys have birthdays (Lane, Levi, Landen). Yup - it is almost Landen's birthday. Ah, yes....I shall be posting another list very soon.
3 comments:
"Ditto" on everything you said about our sweet Lane! He is amazing...but then so are his one younger and four older siblings. And then there's his wonderful parents...I could go on and on. Anyway, happy New Year!!
Happy Birthday Lane! We think you're fantastic too! Tell your mom it's 71 degrees in Tucson and you should come and visit!
We need to see you guys more! Vegas is nice this time of year (hint, hint).
Post a Comment