Friday, January 8, 2010

You're a Good (young) Man, Landen Greg.

Finally - the top 11 reasons why I am so lucky to have Landen Greg as my (now 11 year old) son.


1. He is super helpful around the house, with the kids, in the car, etc. He is always willing to help Lane do up his car seat buckle or his shoes. He even will run into the gas station to get me a drink. Heaven!

2. He is very self-directed/motivated. He always does his homework on his own and rarely needs to be reminded.

3. He keeps his room clean and is proud of it. He brags about the paint job I did for him and genuinely LIKES his room.

4. He is a HUGE B.Y.U. fan which makes me happy because that is sort of like our family's Alma Matter.

5. He is so quick to forgive me and OTHERS - and never holds a grudge after someone apologizes.

6. He is very mature. He loves to listen to whatever is going on around him and to take it all in and ask questions to make sure he understands what is going on. This can sometimes be annoying when it is adult-ish conversation, but I think that in general he has a true desire to understand the hows and whys of everything from politics and religion to people's characters.

7. He is very flexible. Not as in 'bendy" but as in "amenable" and "accommodating".

8. He is a great babysitter to his siblings. He loves to be 'in charge' and generally rules with compassion and fun-ness.

9. He is a great Boy Scout. He worked so hard to get his arrow of light and LOVES his new scouting troop. The first time I picked him up from a meeting here in our new ward, he was smiling SO BIG that I thought he was about to tell me a great joke. I asked him what was up and he just kept smiling. Finally he said, "I just really had a great time. I am the qaurter-master of our troop." He has outlined exactly what goals he wants to accomplish this year and when he wants to get his Eagle by.

10. He has a strong testimony of the gospel, of the importance of his scriptures, of prayer, and of heeding the prophets. I am honestly inspired by his testimony.

11. He was my only child that came to me 100% on Heaven's timing, plan and will - and 0% of mine or Greg's. He is proving to be just that... HEAVEN sent - and I can't wait to see what great things he will have to offer humanity in his lifetime. Honestly. I feel privileged to be his mother.

Happy (Belated) Birthday, Son. You are a good man.

3 comments:

Kako said...

I Love Landen. Happy Birthday! I can't wait for you guys to come to sunny AZ! (Wink wink, nod nod).

Paula said...

Landen is a terrific son, brother and grandson. He is such a good example to all of his "Bailey" cousins. Keep up the good work, Landen! Grandpa and I love you.

Megan said...

Awww, that was so sweet. You're a lucky mom to have such a great son!