
There is so much beauty in the word "NEW". It reminds me of other words like 'clean', 'birth', 'life', 'organized', 'young', etc. I have to admit right off the bat a few things about our new house. First of all, it is very beautiful - and although there are still boxes of stuff all over - there are some great things that prove beautiful to me. For example: our tiled shower that is super-roomy, and my KITCHEN with flour spread all over the island from the kids making cookies, and the counter tops made of soapstone which you can directly place things on from the oven - I can't even tell you how cool this feature is. Also one of the most beautiful things about this new house is the fact that I CAN"T HEAR my kids at night - I mean, they are all upstairs - minus the baby who is in his own room finally, but closer to me downstairs. I LOVE my kids - honestly, I do - but I can't stand listening to their noises at night - namely - snoring, creaking the bed as they toss and turn, and grinding their teeth. I think that I am sleeping better than ever lately! Also - this may be contributed to the fact that Miles started to sleep through the night in this new home (As in 7-8 hours at a time!!!) This is enough of a Christmas Miracle itself!

Other things I LOVE about this new home is all of the storage space and the front entry way. Actually - I could go on and on about the things I love about it - but mostly, I just LOVE the fact that we are IN it and that Greg doesn't have to spend time on it everyday anymore (that is now MY job to keep up on the cleaning- hooray).
We had a great Christmas here. We love our new ward and can't wait for the kids to start school again as they will be able to WALK over there! I was blessed with a new cell phone with text from Greg and some awesome new shoes from my M.I.L. and some hot pads and cookbooks from my sister! We are feeling really grateful for all of our many blessings - most of all, that of belonging to the true gospel of Jesus Christ - and for his love that is continually shed in our lives.

God Bless each of you and your families at this most precious time of the Year. We love you.
3 comments:
I love your house! I love the soapstone. And the kids upstairs is glorious, not just because of the noise, but also the kids rooms and any messes that are in them aren't on the main level. Love that. And I love the picture of your kids. You have a great family!
I am so very happy for you and your family. The memories you've made building, and future memories in this beautiful home will be unstoppable. Loved watching the house be built on Greg's blog. That picture of the children in red shirts is adorable, cept poor Miles, sad :(.
Love you Viki, enjoy every second.
Cheryl
Merry Christmas Baileys! The fact that your last name is Bailey makes me remember "It's a Wonderful Life!" and it makes me smile.
Post a Comment