I think I've got the BREAK part down, but still waiting for the SPRING part!!
In fact, some days I swear I could 'break-down' just waiting for Spring around here. I drove home from work at midnight last night in near white-out conditions as snow/freezing rain was blowing like crazy, and woke up to more than an inch of bright white snow everywhere...Happy Easter!!
Since the last blog post about rearranging the kid's rooms, I have forgotten to post some of the follow-up pics of the progress (lest you all think that we live in that level of chaos all the time, hahaha)... here are a few...
 |
| Landen's little 'nook' of a bedroom... |
 |
| Part of my craft room in progress... |
 |
| Looking into the boy's bedroom...all of the 'nooks' with beds are hidden off to the sides... |
 |
| Lane's little corner with his toddler bed and dinosaurs that he put up himself... |
 |
| Seth's corner...trust me, it's as clean as it gets with him!! |
 |
| Maelynn's little corner in the girl's room! |
And here are some Spring Break Pictures from our fabulous trip to Sunny St. George!
 |
| kids jumping around on the red rocks at Snow Canyon... |
 |
| Typical Lane-pouty face when everything is not 100% HIS way! |
 |
| Typical Sadie...silly goofy funny girl! |
 |
| Sadie and Gracie and Rachel....and Lane! |
 |
| Maelynn and her Miles buddy! |
 |
| See how happy he is with his "nana"! (That is what he calls Maelynn) |
 |
| Maelynn and Lane zooming down the water slide! |
 |
| My niece Eliza, holding Emerson (although he has enough flubber I am sure he would just float!lol) |
 |
| Sadie takes Miles down the little slide. |
And here are a few highlights of the completely lackadaisical and unproductive time we spent at home in I.F. over the remainder of our 2 week Spring Break...
 |
| Doctor Lane listening to Emerson's heart-beep! |
 |
| Miles makes a hat out of a diaper! Classy! (At least he used an unused one!) |
 |
| I doubt there is a single picture of any of my kids with clean shirts on between the ages of 1-3! |
 |
| Landen built this tomahawk from scratch...at Scouts! He is pretty proud of it! |
 |
| Miles is at the "cheesy" stage when he sees a camera...love it! |
 |
| I take a pic of Emerson at each 'month' mark with the wooden bowl that we put him in for his newborn pics! He is somewhere near 17 pounds at only 3 months old...cute chunker! |
 |
| Practicing making butterflies out of frosting for my Cake class... |
 |
| More practicing of flowers and butterflies... |
 |
| Stuck those babies on cupcakes! |
 |
What says "Happy Easter" better than a wreath full of impaled peeps?
Maelynn made this and it is bright and cheery...still hanging outside of our front door! |
 |
The kids making fun Easter messes treats for friends. |
 |
| The treat plates they made of nests with eggs and chocolate dipped peeps! |
And lest you think that me and the kids had all the fun, GREG even got away for a little Fishing time with his buddy...check out his catch!
 |
| beautiful, right? |
 |
| We took the kids out to a friend's farm to see some newborn calfs..it was way cool! |
 |
| Mr. Emerson...with a quizzical look on his face. |
 |
| Two of my three 'little boy buddies' I spend all my days with...love them! |
 |
| Mr. Emerson showing off his trademark forehead indents! |
 |
| Miles hamming it up for the camera! |
Some funny stories to share about our smart little Lane-meister. This really belongs on the sidebar under the section of the funny things they say...but it is too long to explain there.
During Sacrament, Lane mostly travels back and forth between me and Greg or me and any sibling willing to play with him or entertain him or give him something to eat or tell him 'how many more talks are left'....
He was hanging out near my lap one sunday during Sacrament meeting, and the speaker was talking about heart transplants and relating them to his topic of a 'mighty change of heart'. Seth was sitting next to me and asked me how that even happens...
Me: "Well, when one person's brain is dead, so they are not really in their body any more, but their heart muscle is still pumping blood; then the family of that person can choose to give the heart to somebody else who is sick and needs a new heart to stay alive."
Seth: "Oh. O.K."
Lane: looking up at me in wonder..."Mom, do you know EVERYTHING?"
Me: "Yes" (very matter-of-factly)
Lane: "Do you even know how to say 'sandwich' in Portuguese?
Can you say r.a.n.d.o.m.??? Where does he get it? lol
Hahaha...that kid cracks me up! But he must have really agreed with me, because here is our conversation a few days later at home, as he is reading some words on his own...
Me: "Lane, you are really smart!"
Lane: "I know."
Me: "You must be related to me or something!"
Lane: " I am not THAT smart!"
Well... I am sure that I have sufficiently summarized our Spring break....thanks for tuning in!
6 comments:
Hi Viki...Cheryl (Skelton) gave me your blog address awhile ago, and I have loved having a glimpse into the life of a fellow "big" family mom :) Your kids are darling, and I am convinced some serious hilarious mayhem would occur if we put your Lane and my Aeden together :)
love the pictures, and that little Lane boy is a hoot. Oh, also I love the new blog face. Super cute. Nice occasional update! I think I'm on the annual schedule right now.
I love seeing all the pictures of your family! You are always busy on the go! I think Creyton could give Emerson a run for the chubbiest baby award! I just love chubby babies!
I can't believe how old Miles is looking...and how much like a lighter version of Lane! The pictures show that the kids had a great Spring break (the "treats for friends" idea was fun). Thanks for being such a great mom!
Cute, smart, and funny kids! Can't wait to spend time with you all this summer...if it ever comes!
I love that peeps wreath!
Post a Comment